cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejecting credit card, but taking my money

procrastinadine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I've tried about 5 times to register/activate my SIM card, but each time my credit card is rejected. When I look on my CC statement, the charge has gone through, but I haven't been able to create an account or access anything!!

How do I fix this, @CS_Agent??

6 REPLIES 6

We've seen this issue before, especially during the initital activation of service.  The actual rejection of the transaction error message is actually an error on the part of Public Mobile's billing system since you have seen the the preauthorized amounts show up on your credit card account.  From my reading, when this happens, these charges usually show up as a finalized and posted charge (through not fault of your own) because of some billing software bugs at Public Mobile.  The good news is that the moderators should be able to get the extra charges refunded to you and they should be also able to manually add a top up to your Public Mobile account for one of the credit card charges.   

pakmode2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hopefully this gets resolved for you OP. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @procrastinadine,

thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our community !

I'm really sorry to hear that you've experienced a few hiccups making a payment during your activation. We'd be more than happy to look into it, can you please send us a private message? We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would send a private message to the mods and send them a screenshot of the charges.  Also include your sim number.  They will need to look into it.

I wouldn't attempt using your cc  any more.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@procrastinadine, the self serve portal can be finicky at times during activation.  Can you try clearing the browser cache and redoing the activation again.  Also try a different browser on incognito mode.  Many who struggle with this have good sucess using chrome browser incognito mode.  Failing this, if you need to contact the moderator team, it is best to use private messaging, using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck. 

Chess_Expert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's not the charge that has gone through....only the authorization. The available credit will be restored after some period of days.

Need Help? Let's chat.