cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Thiagodiniz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I changed my provider yesterday and I had $95 dollars  available to ask for a refund. How can I do that? 

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drmartin wrote:

In the worst case I imagine they could just keep using PM until the balance is used?

@drmartin nope, OP has already left yesterday.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@drmartin wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

That was my understanding that is why I asked for clarification to avoid needlessly asking mods.

@JL9 wrote:

It is pretty clear in the terms and conditions, no? 

I thought it is 100% a no for a refund and very rare for a balance to be transferred.

$95 is hardly needless.  In the worst case I imagine they could just keep using PM until the balance is used?

I was referencing the general fact of messaging mods for funds transfer.  But also this question should have been asked before porting not after.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

That was my understanding that is why I asked for clarification to avoid needlessly asking mods.

@JL9 wrote:

I thought it is 100% a no for a refund and very rare for a balance to be transferred.

$95 is hardly needless.  In the worst case I imagine they could just keep using PM until the balance is used?

mimmo

@JL9 wrote:

JL9
Mayor / Maire

JDT

@Thiagodiniz wrote:

Dears,

I can can not lose almost 100 dollars I was a good client since when I join to public mobile. 

Generally speaking, all payments are non-refundable.

It's important to note that this is true for ALL prepaid phone providers, not just Public Mobile.

drmartin

@Thiagodiniz wrote:

Dears,

I can can not lose almost 100 dollars I was a good client since when I join to public mobile. 

Yeah, you probably lost your money now.  But try the mods and see if they can do something, it's very unlikely though because of the type of company Public Mobile is (prepaid cash).

mimmo

Then why did you port out?  The $100 should have been part of your decision making process.

Thiagodiniz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dears,

mimmo

@CS_Agent@It would be nice to have some clear rules/guidelines from mods re fund transfers to pm accounts and to koodo.  This would avoid the you may, see what is possible scenario. Especially when there is a backlog for support.  I know there will always be the my case is different but a clear set of terms people can refer to would be great. 

I do believe the terms of service do state no refunds period but it still might be worth clarifying.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Thiagodiniz wrote:

Hi there, I changed my provider yesterday and I had $95 dollars  available to ask for a refund. How can I do that? 

Now when you say available was it in available funds or in rewards.  If available funds was any of it from recent referral rewards?  Also it depends as PM is a prepaid service they maybe able to do something for you but it these funds were from a voucher I am pretty sure all voucher purchases are non refundable.  You can message the mods and ask what your options are.  A link is in my signature

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Thiagodiniz

If you transferred to Koodo, you MIGHT be able to get your credit transferred to new Koodo account.  If you transferred to another phone company, unfortunately you are out of luck.  Need to contact moderator.  Waittimes at least 24 hours.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your account number and PIN number with PM

drmartin

@Thiagodiniz wrote:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.