cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred a Friend but NO $10 discount for friend, No Rewards for me, What's up?

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have brought many new customers to PM with no issues but the last referral on Thursday May 19, 2022 was a disaster! My friend DID NOT receive his promised $10 discount and I DID NOT receive any rewards or any text communications from PM after their account was initialized.

Before I contact an Administrator is there any answers as to why or anyone else having similar problems?

19 REPLIES 19

DvAbCanEh

Use the link above, I worked great for my friend to get us both the rewards promised.

This will work

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @MLamont   What exact issue you have?  Maybe you can share and we can help

to contact CS agent, click on : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MLamont
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How  do you contact a CS agent?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

As I said contacting customer support is a given...and sensevthis is an experienced referrer who likely confirmed the correct referral code was entered the only scenario you present is the new promo interefering......or the referral code glitch continues.😁

@darlicious- New customer not getting the $10, existing customer not getting the $1. Perhaps no $10 is because of the timing and the promo. Perhaps no $1 is due to an incorrect but valid referral code. Perhaps the new customer had some problems hence "disaster" and just finished without putting in the code.
So the contact the support people in relation to making sure the proper referral code is used is the simple solution.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

How do you figure that? Excluding contacting customer support....

@darlicious- Then my solution stands. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Good point....or the later application will fall under the bonus referral credit of $25 promotion. So really no solution yet....it should wait until after June 10th or the OP provides an update.

@Luddite 

Maybe reserve judgement until then?

Edit:

@dust2dust 

No wait....the OP would have gotten the $1 reward then....

@darlicious- I wonder that this happened right on the border if not just inside the promo. So there's no $10 but maybe the customers will see the $5 this week.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Just a note....if the wrong referral code was entered but accepted the referred friend would have still recieved the $10 bonus referral credit. If the referral code was not a valid code the customer would recieve a message that the referral code is invalid.

I stand by my assertion that the referral code glitch affected the OP's referral as they also stated they are cognizant of the possible confusion that a zero or capital "O" could cause.

@dust2dust 

Sorry no offense meant about your post/solution I just dont believe in this case that it is the correct one.

Edit:

The explanation....obviously contacting customer support is correct....

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

I was aware of this from previous Referrals with my code having a capital O not a zero.

Thanks it may help others.

Best to copy and paste. Also when entering referral code you will get a green ✔️ mark. 

Edsport
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes it takes a couple days for the $10 to show in your friends account. I joined a friend a few days ago and it took a couple days and it have happened before too...

DvAbCanEh

I was aware of this from previous Referrals with my code having a capital O not a zero.

Thanks it may help others.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Most of these are the result of a typo. Copy and pasting is the best way to avoid that bc they didn't plan ahead and see that having O's and 0s and similar number combos may be an issue. I think it used to just be putting in the phone number of the person who referred you which made it a little easier, but I guess you play the hand your dealt

liberte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious 
The Reminder.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DvAbCanEh 

Thems how she rolls with the bonus referral credit....Im in the same boat.

As far as the original referral goes....the text is received depending on the time of activation at 2pm eastern the next day. It appears the referral code glitch is back after a a couple of months of no one reporting it.  But starting late last summer despite the correct referral code being entered at activation it fails to register on the account and thus no new referral reward shows up in your referrals column in your rewards account and no $10 bonus credit in your friends account.

Have your friend contact customer support with the correct referral code and associated phone number to ensure it's the correct😉one and ask the CSA to enter it on the account.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

DvAbCanEh

AND further to above PM sends my wife an email offering:

Refer-a-friend so you and your friend can save $25. For a limited time, we will give you a $5 credit every 30 days for up to five months as long as you and your friend stays with us. Make sure your friend uses your unique referral code before June 6, 2022.

Great timing Eh!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DvAbCanEh 

If you have not received the $1 refer a friend reward and your friend the $10 credit, have your friend contact the CS Agent.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your friend will need to contact the support people to apply the proper code. Make sure the referral code is all the right characters. ie. O or 0, 1 or l. 5 or S.

Need Help? Let's chat.