cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals My Account Summary says 10 - My List of xxx-xxx-xxxx lists 12 - Any one else??

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I know I have asked this before. 

My Referrals  in My Account Summary says 10 -

My List of xxx-xxx-xxxx lists 12 -

Any one else have he same??

I have NOT had any texts saying I lost a referral. 

The aggravating thing is that I am expecting another referral today that is in the works. I have $ 2 auto pay and $1 loyalty. So I check to see if I am up by 1...but not...am down by 1 and the new one is not there yet. 

I was about to be payment free but NOT. And not 😀

10 REPLIES 10

oooops I forgot....not suppose to use ! marks because it upsets someone. Sorry. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I can confirm you still get a text when a customer uses lost/stolen to suspend the account but they are no longer sent out when they unsuspend. Strangely enough though they are now delayed by any overnight hours +12 hours and arrive at 9pm instead of 9am for us out here or midnight eastern?!!

Thanks!!

So since I have here zero and based on your other post....the two I have are in arrears. 

@LurganIeUk 

I can confirm you still get a text when a customer uses lost/stolen to suspend the account but they are no longer sent out when they unsuspend. Strangely enough though they are now delayed by any overnight hours +12 hours and arrive at 9pm instead of 9am for us out here or midnight eastern?!!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Are you sure it was just a suspend when you got the text message?

Hi, I have never received a text message. @computergeek541 says they cannot be relied on and @darlicious says in her example that with the number still showing it is someone in arrears. 

If someone ports out I think the number disappears from your list right away and the $1 disappears

Good to know. 

but with any other suspension the number hangs around with the $1 missing until 90 days passes.

Thanks I have tagged my excel program with notes of unknown expectations  within an estimated date. ONLY if PM would some how mark the phone numbers indicating the irregularities!!

I would have thought that would be the point that you might get the text and of course quite likely to get an immediate text if someone ports out.

None. And it seems every time I am close to $15 in rewards and then I get another referal then one or two dollars one way or another go missing!!! Am I jinxed or what?

I only ever once noticed my reward line down by one $1 with all numbers still on my list. I was a week or so from renewal and decided to see what the moderators could/would tell me. They confirmed a referral hadn’t renewed and it stayed down by $1 right into renewal. But I got the full reward so the referral either got renewed just in time OR renewal may have prompted the system to recheck my rewards and everyone was in service then.

Good to hear. I will wait it out and will save your note, @darlicious note and @computergeek541 note. I hope mine will turn back in time....is that something that Cher sang??

AE_Collector 

@LurganIeUk 

Are you sure it was just a suspend when you got the text message? If someone ports out I think the number disappears from your list right away and the $1 disappears but with any other suspension the number hangs around with the $1 missing until 90 days passes. I would have thought that would be the point that you might get the text and of course quite likely to get an immediate text if someone ports out.

I only ever once noticed my reward line down by one $1 with all numbers still on my list. I was a week or so from renewal and decided to see what the moderators could/would tell me. They confirmed a referral hadn’t renewed and it stayed down by $1 right into renewal. But I got the full reward so the referral either got renewed just in time OR renewal may have prompted the system to recheck my rewards and everyone was in service then.

AE_Collector 

@LurganIeUk 

We know a few truths it is the unknown facts that you must determine to be true. We know...

1. An account suspended via lost/stolen will have the phone # and the referral reward $ disappear.
  2. An account suspended for non payment will show the phone # and the referral reward $ but the reward will not be applied at renewal.
  3. An referred account that is suspended for non payment either temporarily thru an autopay failure or longer will still have the referral $ applied if it occurs the same night as the referrer's renewal. It must be reactivated before the following renewal for the reward $ to be applied again upon the referrer's renewal.

Thus one of your referrals has their account suspended for non payment. Their voicemail would not be active and their phone number will either disappear after 90 days without payment or if two of your referred phone #'s are owned by the same person they could be suspending and unsuspending two accounts which results in one referral reward $ not being applied upon your renewal.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the reply. I have had someone do a suspend BUT I received a text saying that I had lost a referral. Do you think that the text is hit a miss? Or is an intentional suspend treated differently than other types of suspend.....like for no payment??

So if I isolate the number that is in suspend...after 3 months I should consider a loss??

I wouldn't rely on those text messages. I have referred people but not received the message.  I've also received the "so sorry" text message about a referral no longer being a Public Mobile customer but the reward amount stayed the same.

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the reply. I have had someone do a suspend BUT I received a text saying that I had lost a referral. Do you think that the text is hit a miss? Or is an intentional suspend treated differently than other types of suspend.....like for no payment??

So if I isolate the number that is in suspend...after 3 months I should consider a loss??

dollypatel4587
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This may be because the account may have stopped using it, however number is still is still not decommissioned 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I know I have asked this before. 

My Referrals  in My Account Summary says 10 -

My List of xxx-xxx-xxxx lists 12 -

Any one else have he same??

I have NOT had any texts saying I lost a referral. 

The aggravating thing is that I am expecting another referral today that is in the works. I have $ 2 auto pay and $1 loyalty. So I check to see if I am up by 1...but not...am down by 1 and the new one is not there yet. 

I was about to be payment free but NOT. And not 😀

I have seen various accounts do this. It generally means that the person is still a Public Mobile customer but that the account is in suspension.  Customers can never rely on only needing to top up a certain amount based on the rewards, because reward amounts can easily change. There isn't any way to control when someone else's account will go into suspension or someone else will stop being a Public Mobile customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.