cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer friends easy way

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get more refer a friend rewards. As I currently have 0 and would like to have more then that.

Any tips? Maybe places where I can post my code? Or what to say about PM to family? 

Thanks for the Help PM family 

12 REPLIES 12

brettster99

@popping 

I swear you and @darlicious and a couple others are following my every post hahahahaha.

Yeah that would be good info to know. Having a friend to help you with the process would make it easier and for people to be more willing to switch.

Dang monitoring 8 PM accounts? I don’t even have that many friends. Not even that many family members. I already helped my mom switch over and she’s been on PM for as long as I have.

But thanks again for another response on another one of my posts. Very insightful.

Have a even better day

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brettster99 

You have lot of idea on how to get your referral by now.

But if your referrals do not stay with PM on your renewal date, you still get $0 reward.

I provide hand-holding support to my referrals before and after their activation.

Before activation, I told them moderator response time is up to 2 days.  Occasionally, it may be longer than 2 days.  Therefore, if they have account issue, they may not have phone service for 2 days.  After knowing this and join PM, I know they will stay with PM.

Ongoing support, I told them to let me know ASAP if they have any issue.  If they trust me, I will monitor their accounts.  I am monitoring 8 PM accounts.  3 of these accounts were renewed this morning.  I checked on these 3 account this morning and all renewed fine.

Have a better and better day!

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Tell your relatives & friends or make some new friends and tell them how much money your saving versus the other providers. Give them your referal code and hope they take your advice to move on to PM.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 wrote:

Hey

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get more refer a friend rewards. As I currently have 0 and would like to have more then that.

Any tips? Maybe places where I can post my code? Or what to say about PM to family? 

Use social media to share your experience and then as people if they are interested to PM you. 

@brettster99 

COVID-19 has hit a lot of people in the pocketbooks so there are a lot of people looking to cut back on their expenses and public mobile offers that and flexibility to change plans. Stuck at home.....get the $15 plan. You're getting a call back to work in two weeks you can change to a higher data plan on your next renewal.

brettster99

@darlicious 

As always you are a big help. Some things I haven’t even thought of. I totally forgot about the no credit checks that is actually huge for students who don’t have credit (I’m doing fine hit a rough patch because of Covid 19 and went from 715 to 659 when I got OSAP it was 630) didn’t go down as far as I thought it would.

It be also good for immigrants or new Canadians as well for the price and no credit check.

That is so simple to think off and yet I didn’t think of it. This COVID-19 really wrecked havoc on my brain power and mental health 

@brettster99 

Even though it's a little more difficult having to be socially distant....not working or going to school but look at your target audience. Students, seniors, low income.....a credit card or credit check is not needed nor is a fixed address. You know about the koho card so you can suggest a way to get the autopay reward. Just get to know the plans and the add ons most importantly the $5/500 min one to explain to anyone interested in the $15 plan.

Be comfortable helping people activate over the phone vs in person and know where to get sim cards and vouchers locally so you can offer that kind of info....and just speak up. Inevitably the topic of being ripped off by your phone company comes up in the conversation. If I only talk about my one account i can easily comment "Thats a craxy price to pay every month for a phone! Mines free...or I have two lines its $6 for both." That gets peoples attention then you can explain the plans and how an online only model works, the community, free gifts, the contests.....rewards you get the idea.

brettster99

@ShawnC13 

That is actually really smart. No doubt you have done this before plenty of times and earned that oracle status.

Thank you so much I do appreciate it

brettster99

@LovesToPM 

Yeah I totally get that. 

Thanks for the suggestions on what to say

@Staliger 

Yeah it’s against the terms of service and really just bad etiquette to post referral here. Thanks for the tips though 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99 wrote:

Hey

@brettster99 , you will be surprised how often cell phone cost comes up in conversation.  When it does tell them about PM, try not to push or seem eager that will scare some.  If you just say when it comes up oh yeah I just switched to a sub-brand of Telus get the Telus great coverage without the big cost and lead in from there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 Tell your friends, family, and colleagues. Post anywhere you want except this forum.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 You can post your code anywhere except not here, in the forums.

You can always tell your friends why you switched to PM. By the way, there's some people you cannot convince. If they cannot see the benefits of PM, there's no point lol.

PM is great for seniors and kids as there are never any surprise bills. It's all prepaid. The plans cost less and there are additional rewards (like $2 every 30 days just for signing up with autopay).

Need Help? Let's chat.