cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious to see how many referrals people have on here. I'm having a hard time to get people to use my referal code (I might need a better sales pitch haha). 

11 REPLIES 11

Pusheen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had 1 referral. It's hard to get people to switch unless they're looking for a new plan. Word of mouth is your best bet. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @WolverineCaz   it's not easy.

I don't agree they removed the retails channels and solely use words of month.  People don't know Public Mobile, never heard of it, so it is hard to promo

and the no proper live support also scared many people away

WolverineCaz

Wow, didn't even know that was a thing. That's crazy. 

Tsawwassen

Ebay has several posts selling the $10 new account bonus suggesting it would only be applied if  their referral numbers were used. That of course is not true and wonder why PM is not flagging these posts.

@will13am wrote:

@WolverineCaz , it is not an easy thing to attract referrals these days.  It was much easier for me back on 2016 when I joined.  I guess I have run out of family and friends.  

more like almost impossible

Although the plans are better than they were before the re-instroduction of 4g plans, It's my opinion that Public Mobile kost most fo its competitive advantage, word of mouth about good servcie and plans, and much of the prospects for new custoemrs by harming the brand's reputation with the introduction of 3g plans and retail locations.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WolverineCaz I find now PM is more of a fit for people that don't mind having to actively manage their account. I'm sure it's intentional by PM but people now need to go in to redeem their points in order to save a bit off their bill vs the old rewards plan where it was automatic and applied monthly.  Also be prepared to do a bit of handholding as I'm sure if something goes wrong your referee will come back to you for some help to get a hold of support! 🙂

WolverineCaz

No I just meant referring to my friends. I'm sure I'll get more one day. Just gotta find the right fit. Thanks for the response. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz - referrals may be best to come by through family and friends if you can help explain some benefits to certain plans. They are great starter plans for kids who have their first time phone plan.

Do you mean promoting your referral code online somewhere? It is against the rules of the Community forum to post or advertise your code on the forum or solicit referrals through private messaging here (unless asked for your code first). But if there are other locations you may be allowed to share your code with, such as Facebook, twitter, social networks, etc.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz 

I have a few but it is more difficult to have new friends and family join after PM eliminated retailers from activating the SIM for customers. 
Some family and friends do not have too much computer knowledge so they stay away. They prefer to go into a carrier and have them do the porting and setup for them.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@WolverineCaz , it is not an easy thing to attract referrals these days.  It was much easier for me back on 2016 when I joined.  I guess I have run out of family and friends.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WolverineCaz  I have several , I just tell people about the rewards and perks and hit up those that are not in contract to make the switch and if they owe $200 or less on phone how it’s worth paying it off if they have $100 phone bill now because of it and get a plan that compares on pm for say $40 with same anoint of data then it’s pays for itself in in 3-4 months and saving is always a great thing especially in today’s economy 

Need Help? Let's chat.