cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend credits stopped - husband’s account now de-activated? Why?

velvethound
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello,

I received a message from a Public Mobile that one of my refer a friend credits stoped ‘due to their account inactivity’. I have only referred one person - my husband. We did not cancel his account or deactivate it.

was his account hacked?

He cannot even login online to ask questions - error message says account disabled.

We always pay our accounts.

Please help!

Shannon K

8 REPLIES 8

velvethound

Thank you.

His number is not listed anymore under my refer a friend.

I have submitted a CSA request for help.

His account is completely locked - it has been way over the 15 minutes - 3 hours wait time for too many tries.

Hopefully PM CSA will get back to us via my request for help...

velvethound

Thank you. I sent a ticket help request.

His phone won’t even let him call *611. It tells him to go to the website - but it won’t even let him login there - account disabled, no record of number. He also can not retrieve voice messages.

yet he could use his phone yesterday around noon. But not after 4:30pm (PDT).

But, he is still receiving tex5 messages and phone still says ‘Public’ at the top of his home screen.

Hopefully CS Agent will get back to me, as he cannot call anyone to ask for help or even message PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@velvethound   did your husband check the phone? did he has no service now?

There seems to be multiple posts about sudden loss of service and unable to login to My account this week,  similar to your case.  I suggest you to open ticket with PM Support and get it sorted out.  Let us know what they say.

Open a ticket with PM Support with direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@velvethound  - you could have received that message in error, Public Mobile has been know to send out notices inaccurately sometimes.

Can you log into your account and see if his phone number is listed under your Refer-a-Friend list, here:

Dashboard (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv_1-1643479543437.png

If his number is listed there with the $1 reward, I feel you can ignore that message. Keep an eye out on your next renewal to ensure the $'s apply. If not contact CSA to have it added for you.

Then for the issue of your husband's access to his self serve account.

If you tried too many failed attempts you may have locked up his account...but just temporarily. After 15+ wait try again.

Try the Forgot your password for his account if his password is not working: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is his PM phone line still working with no issue? Or is it a secondary plan that maybe he wasn't using or didn't notice the service was down, if it was on autopay, the renewal may have failed and after 90 days the account is permanently closed. Either way as as suggested, speaking to a CSA would get to the bottom of it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@velvethound 

If your husband can't call 611 from his phone then call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter his 10 digit phone number. What is the message you receive? Have you recently done chargeback on a credit card or cancelled a card on suspicion that it has been compromised? What happens when you call his number? When was his last renewal?

Normally that message is only recieved when lost/stolen has been used either briefly or to self suspend service/account. It is not sent out for service suspension due to non payment or for accounts that are cancelled and deactivated for lack of paid service for 90 consecutive days or when a customer ports their number out which automatically closes and cancels their account.

I suspect there is an issue with the last payment made for renewal. Contact the card issuer to inquire about the last renewal payment for your husband's account. As already suggested contact customer support to inquire about the status of his account. It sounds like pm has temporarily disabled account access and suspended service due to non reciept of payment for prepaid services rendered.

If the same payment card is used for your account you should ask the card issuer about your last renewal payment as well in case your account will be affected next and you will want to get ahead of any possible consequences. Be prepared to have to remit payment via pm vouchers.

Try logging into your rewards account and check if your husband's referral $1 reward and phone number has disappeared from your account. It's the same login credentials as your self serve account. Don't join the points program just stay away from anything points related.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@velvethound 

That does sound funny. The best thing is to contact a CS_Agent by SIMon Chatbot or private message from this Community page to be sure you were not hacked or a glitch and message was sent by mistake.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@velvethound 

The community account where you ask questions is separate from your self service account. Have him call 611 from his phone. What does it say? When is his renewal date? Is the cc on file still valid….not expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.