cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend code did not apply to my account

wjkostwald
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I helped a family member open a new account and they entered my referral code but I never received a discount…it has been several months now. How do we fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Happened to me also. —- I did open up a ticket with CS and very promptly they did credit my account. 

ottawa

And mine (unless there was a promo I didn't know about) was a straightforward $10 to the referee, $1/mo to the referrer. And I watched the referee enter the referrer's code.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did friend receive  a $10 credit 0-72 hours later?

Does friends phone number xxx-xxx-1234 show in your My Rewards, referrals. 

Did you receive a cha ching text right away. This one is hit and miss. 

Do you see $1 credit when your account renews in transactions....$1 RAF...or refer a friend

Did you do the referral during a 5 months x $5 credit promo.....that would apply to each of you?

Are you missing the $1 and or $5 credit?

Let us know. You need a clear story to approach the CSA with. I have had the last 2  5x$5 turn into difficulty. 

ottawa

Just went through this. The family member needs to contact @CS_Agent and get it fixed. That agent may be able to add the referral status to your account, but to get the $1@ bonus for back month(s) you will need to contact them yourself.

In my case, I had Friend A referred by Friend B. First we had Friend A contact them and get their $10, and the agent also added it to Friend B's account for future months (that was a nice extra step by the agent). Then Friend B contacted to get the November $1. The latter might not actually have been worth the minimal effort. 🙂

Of course you _could_ contact them with your friend at your elbow, if the process is too complex for the friend (no sarcasm, this all seems to straightforward to us but it's a huge opaque process to many).

Need Help? Let's chat.