cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend $25 (5X$5) when does it start?

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems that whenever I try to take advantage of a PM promo it's never received unless I open a case and then promptly it's honoured with a kind CS apology. And here we go again with the $25 refer a friend offer. My friend did promptly receive the $10 new account bonus but more then two months later still waiting for the first $5 monthly credit.

I have also received the $1 refer a friend bonus.  Any ideas as to when the $5 credits will commence?

Screenshot_20221205_200414_Gmail~2.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

@Tsawwassen wrote:

That is what I remember   "2 $25 Refer-a-friend bonus will be applied as a $5 monthly credit for up to 5 months" but I can't find that offer. Do you have a copy or a link to it? From past experience the CS seem to be in the dark about the different offers and rely on us to provide them with the details.

I received it as an e-mail to the email address registered to both of my two public mobile accounts:

From: "Public Mobile" <publicmobileservice@info.publicmobile.ca>
Subject: We're giving away free data and more.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 07:23:28 -0800

I also received an SMS from 5129 on Nov 28, 2022:

"Public Mobile here. Save this Cyber Monday on our 4G speed plans! Upgrade to 15GB of 4G speed data for just $40/mo. Get this deal in My Account at https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca. Plus, refer-a-friend and you'll both receive $5 off your bill for the next 5 months! Conditions apply."

But the SMS did not include details of the terms, only the e-mail. The email and SMS do both say you'll both receive though.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tsawwassen wrote:

That is what I remember   "2 $25 Refer-a-friend bonus will be applied as a $5 monthly credit for up to 5 months" but I can't find that offer. Do you have a copy or a link to it? From past experience the CS seem to be in the dark about the different offers and rely on us to provide them with the details.

@softech post at the bottom of this thread has the link to the terms.  I don't have a link to the old promo but your screenshot would be all CSA needs if they ask for proof.

Tsawwassen

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc wrote:

If it were me, I'd rather open a ticket to get the credits now than wait until the end of the month to wait and see if they automatically apply.

Don't waste the CSA's time unless you don't receive the bonus credit after the clearly stated dates in the terms: "Credit will be applied within the last week of each month, starting in January 2023. "

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tsawwassen I had this same issue.  Person referred got the $10 and I got the $1 credit per month for RAF with the old plan.  The type of answer you get depends which CSA you get.  I opened a ticket as well as the person I referred.  They got a reply that it was only the person referring that gets the $25 which is clearly not the case and the CSA wanted a screenshot of the offer to validate.  I didn't think that was a valid ask since not everyone takes a screenshot of offers (but I clearly I will from now on!).  The ticket I opened with CSA was a little better as they dug into it after a bit of prompting and they provided the entire $25 as a 1 time credit rather than 5 x $5 to both accounts which I've verified.  

If it were me, I'd rather open a ticket to get the credits now than wait until the end of the month to wait and see if they automatically apply.  If the credits were to apply later in the month I would think the CSA's would point to that in the terms.  I had a very similar scenario last year with the RAF bonus and had to open a ticket to get the bonus so either I'm too impatient or their system is very inconsistent.  Seems that PM systems are cast offs from Telus and requires more manual intervention.  I waited until after the person referred got their 2nd billing to see if the $5 would show in their account before the 3rd billing but didn't wait until the end of Jan.  But I didn't want to wait too long and get into a protracted battle with CS.

I understand why PM isn't for everyone if it requires this much babysitting to ensure you receive all the credits that you're entitled to but at this point I'm OK with it as CSA's have been able to accomodate all the requests I've had.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen  I also had the same question a few weeks ago, but the answer is actually down further at the bottom of the email I received about this promotion on Dec 1, 2022, here's the text copied from that email:

Sharing is caring. Refer a friend and you'll both save $25!

For a limited time, we’ll take $5 off your monthly payment for up to five months as long as your friend stays with us. Make sure your friend uses your code found in My Account and activates before December 12, 2022.

2 $25 Refer-a-friend bonus will be applied as a $5 monthly credit for up to 5 months, as long as both the referrer and referee remain active Public Mobile customers. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 12, 2022 11:59PM EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the last week of each month, starting in January 2023.

Tsawwassen

@softech wrote:

@Tsawwassen   for this particular one, it is different.

The $5 will be loaded onto your account on the LAST WEEK of each month starting Jan 2023

Ohhhh sorry - I think I did read that somewhere in the past -  confused LAST WEEK with FIRST WEEK -- ha ha 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tsawwassen   for this particular one, it is different.

The $5 will be loaded onto your account on the LAST WEEK of each month starting Jan 2023

there are fine prints in the end about that (thanks @CountyDownIeUk for the image):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Do-it-include-Dec-12/m-p/920048/highlight...

Need Help? Let's chat.