cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Removal

djoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unsure what is going on and why I am losing my Refer a Friend dollars since Feb 23, 2019.  I have referred both my mom (since Mar 17, 2018) and husband (since Nov 25, 2018) who still have active phone plans with Public Mobile.  On Feb 23, 2019, my husband had something go wrong with his account, which you have subsequently fixed and corrected (& repaid him for).  Interestingly, on that same day, you sent me a text (Feb 23, 2019) saying:

"just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friend's account inactivity."  When his plan was fixed, you did not fix this Refer a Friend error on my account, either.

Today, my autopay was supposed to pay for my monthly charge.  Unfortunately, the payment did not go through and my phone no longer works.  I believe my credit card info had expired upon looking at the Public Mobile website.  I have subsequently corrected this by updating my credit card details and paying the monthly charge via a one-time payment.  Today, I have received another text message saying you have taken away another Refer a Friend reward...  Is this because of my autopay was not working?  How is this possible if both my "friends" are still using Public Mobile?  

I am now out-of-pocket $3 which will increase with each month if this continues.  Please advise, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Some accounts were suspended by Public Mobile in error.  When that happened, the customer was marked as a late payer and means you don't get the $1 for that person.  It will probably return to normal next month.  If you want to, send Moderator_Team a private message and ask for $3 credit.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@djoy wrote:

I am unsure what is going on and why I am losing my Refer a Friend dollars since Feb 23, 2019.  I have referred both my mom (since Mar 17, 2018) and husband (since Nov 25, 2018) who still have active phone plans with Public Mobile.  On Feb 23, 2019, my husband had something go wrong with his account, which you have subsequently fixed and corrected (& repaid him for).  Interestingly, on that same day, you sent me a text (Feb 23, 2019) saying:

"just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friend's account inactivity."  When his plan was fixed, you did not fix this Refer a Friend error on my account, either.

Today, my autopay was supposed to pay for my monthly charge.  Unfortunately, the payment did not go through and my phone no longer works.  I believe my credit card info had expired upon looking at the Public Mobile website.  I have subsequently corrected this by updating my credit card details and paying the monthly charge via a one-time payment.  Today, I have received another text message saying you have taken away another Refer a Friend reward...  Is this because of my autopay was not working?  How is this possible if both my "friends" are still using Public Mobile?  

I am now out-of-pocket $3 which will increase with each month if this continues.  Please advise, thank you.

@djoyThere have been reports of glitches / bugs that cause this. But no one here can help you get credits / fix rewards. We are all customers like you. If you are missing a credit use this link to send a message to the moderator team. Your account not completeing the payment should have taken away the $1 from the person who referred you. It definitly sounds like something is messed up and the mods will fix it for you.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@djoy There have been a few account problems recently, you will need to contact a moderator. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.