cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer A Friend Rewards

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have a reward say of xxx-xxx-1234 and now you see a different number on your account like xxx-xxx-7891, is that because that person has changed their number and your account automatically reflects the new number?

It was discussed ahwile back that in BC the text confirmation of a Refer A Friend Reward arrives around 9AM. So my question here is.......does the referral phone number show on your account immediately?  ie. Account set up at midnight...no text advisement til 9 AM but it does/does not show on account immediately?

21 REPLIES 21

@marcmasters wrote:

Ok so how do we fix it?

There is no way for customers to fix this. The loss of ficticious/duplicate referrals in the account is the fix by Public Mobile.

marcmasters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so how do we fix it?

@Naepalm wrote:

@marcmasters 

You are among many. Public Mobile over the last little bit has been purging inactive accounts. Apparently this is not automatic but needs to be done manually (kinda crazy).

not quite

Accounts were purged of referrals that never really existed. 

@marcmasters 

You are among many. Public Mobile over the last little bit has been purging inactive accounts. Apparently this is not automatic but needs to be done manually (kinda crazy).

In the future, I would recommend that you take a screenshot and save it in a file for a later date to share or compare against the rewards you have. 

If you know the people that still have service with public mobile click on the question mark to submit a ticket type the following:

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.03.44 AM.png

1. Missing Rewards

2. Contact a moderator. 

Have a great day!

@iPhoneUser PM went over the closed accounts list and removed rewards that were still being given for them. You should check the last 4 digits of your refer a friend rewads remaining. If you see some numbers missing that you know are still active. Then contact the moderators. Click on the arrow. See below on where to go.

20200512_195312.jpg

Stay safe. 

@marcmasters wrote:

Hi I just went to look at my account and my rewards for refer a friends have decrease dramatically I need help to figure what happened

Log into My Account / clcik on My Rewards and click the little black arrows to see the referals you have on file.

marcmasters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just went to look at my account and my rewards for refer a friends have decrease dramatically I need help to figure what happened

Thank you @Tiana_V 

I can't ask for any more than that.

I think some improvement there would be worth the effort. I'm sure that many pay no attention at all to their list of referrals but I've seen enough indication on here that others do attempt to keep their own records to follow their referrals which can only be good for PM. Keeping customers engaged in the referral model that PM uses to attract and maintain customers.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Tiana_V 
Once again Public Mobile..... can one of the Software guys please create a way for us to tag each entry in this list with our own info such as the complete number where we know it or the friends name etc. Then our tagged info would follow the account even if they changed their number. This would make keeping records so much easier for those of us who enjoy getting referrals and tracking them. There was no problem when we could see the 10 digit number but eliminating that for "security reasons" created this problem for those of us who take referrals seriously.

AE_Collector

Thanks for the great feedback! I've passed it along to our team that manages our self-serve portal. They will assess it further and see what they can do. 

That would enable us to follow along if we meticulously keep up with the texts.  If too difficult to let us tag our referrals with our own info then adding "change of number" texts would be helpful in addition to the "new referral" texts and "bad news, you lost a friend" texts (haven't had the latter one yet fortunately but assume we are texted about losses from what jive read here).

AE_Collector

iPhoneUser

@AE_Collector wrote:

@iPhoneUser 

I keep pretty close tabs on my list but was surprised to find two numbers replaced with two other numbers recently. Two number changes which since my last check of my list me with no way to determine which one changed to which new one. I cleared it up by messaging a friend to get their last 4 digits. 

Thinking about it a bit more, I feel a bit like one of PMs customer contacts to my referrals....their "guy" who keeps up with changes and offers for them. I notified those that I could when the Christmas offers were available to ensure that they claimed them. 

Presumably PM prefers this approach by the people enjoying "Refer a Friend" rewards to the hands off approach (get as many referrals as possible from wherever and likely have no other interaction with most of these new "friends" going forward). If so, they are no longer providing us the tools we need to look after our customer base since the elimination of 10 digit numbers in our referral list. They are encouraging the hands OFF approach rather than hands ON approach. A bit disappointing to me but letting us tag our referrals somehow would potentially promote better customer service from us!

@Tiana_V  ?

AE_Collector

I agree with what PM did by no longer using the phone number for a referral. But also do agree with you that there should be some way to perfect the owner ship of each referred number on your account. Or like I said they could text or PM you of the change. 

@iPhoneUser 

I keep pretty close tabs on my list but was surprised to find two numbers replaced with two other numbers recently. Two number changed which since my last check of my list left me with no way to determine which previous one changed to which new one. I cleared it up by messaging one friend to get their last 4 digits. 

Thinking about it a bit more, I feel a bit like one of PMs customer contacts to my referrals....their "guy" who keeps up with changes and offers for them. I notified those that I could when the Christmas offers were available to ensure that they claimed them. 

Presumably PM prefers this approach by the people enjoying "Refer a Friend" rewards to the hands off approach (get as many referrals as possible from wherever and likely have no other interaction with most of these new "friends" going forward). If so, they are no longer providing us the tools we need to look after our customer base since the elimination of 10 digit numbers in our referral list. They are encouraging the hands OFF approach rather than hands ON approach. A bit disappointing to me but letting us tag our referrals somehow would potentially promote better customer service from us!

@Tiana_V  ?

AE_Collector

iPhoneUser

@AE_Collector wrote:

@iPhoneUser 

Thanks for the offer but I've got my own version already. It is just that anyone can change a number whenever they want to and there won't be a notification of that change to the person receiving the referral reward. If you don't check and compare the list every few days It is possible that more than one change could happen and you wouldn't really know who changed what. Then lose a referral and you may have no idea who you lost! Letting us tag each one with what we do already know about that line item isn't a security breach, we already know the info we would tag it with. The tag would remain even if the last 4 digits that we see of the number changed.

AE_Collector

Yes it is a good idea. But for some reason I doubt it will happen. Maybe a text of change from/to would be good. You get a text for new and canceled referrals! But what if the change was a referral from your fatal attraction ex? Or?  The only reason I found a change today was because I was expecting a new referral, matched my online to my records and observed the change.....and no new referral. So was easy to update. I guess I need to check before any new referral is expected. 

@iPhoneUser 

Thanks for the offer but I've got my own version already. It is just that anyone can change a number whenever they want to and there won't be a notification of that change to the person receiving the referral reward. If you don't check and compare the list every few days It is possible that more than one change could happen and you wouldn't really know who changed what. Then lose a referral and you may have no idea who you lost! Letting us tag each one with what we do already know about that line item isn't a security breach, we already know the info we would tag it with. The tag would remain even if the last 4 digits that we see of the number changed.

AE_Collector

iPhoneUser

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Tiana_V 
Once again Public Mobile..... can one of the Software guys please create a way for us to tag each entry in this list with our own info such as the complete number where we know it or the friends name etc. Then our tagged info would follow the account even if they changed their number. This would make keeping records so much easier for those of us who enjoy getting referrals and tracking them. There was no problem when we could see the 10 digit number but eliminating that for "security reasons" created this problem for those of us who take referrals seriously.

AE_Collector

Like nicknaming your GIC at your friendly credit union? Do you want a copy of my excel tracking program?

@Tiana_V 

AE_Collector

@iPhoneUser  Its always a good idea to keep track of your account.....exactly for your own records. Then if a problem comes you have a reference and proof to show the moderators. I always take a screenshot of my account when there's a change...when community rewards are added, when I make a payment or schedule a plan change and after my renewal. As in your case....after referral is added to the account as well.

iPhoneUser

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Is it possible that you're friend took a temporary number to activate? They may port their normal phone number later...or it could be taking longer to port in like a landline.

Yes very likely she did. Thanks. I was more interested, which makes sense, is that your records get automatically updated.....making my personal records to require an update. 

@iPhoneUser  Is it possible that you're friend took a temporary number to activate? They may port their normal phone number later...or it could be taking longer to port in like a landline.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@iPhoneUser wrote:

If you have a reward say of xxx-xxx-1234 and now you see a different number on your account like xxx-xxx-7891, is that because that person has changed their number and your account automatically reflects the new number?

It was discussed ahwile back that in BC the text confirmation of a Refer A Friend Reward arrives around 9AM. So my question here is.......does the referral phone number show on your account immediately?  ie. Account set up at midnight...no text advisement til 9 AM but it does/does not show on account immediately?

To answer the first question, Yes if a person has changed their phone number. You will start to see the new  last 4 Digits of their new phone number.

to your second question

does the referral phone number show on your account immediately?

A: It will show up right away. but the person who used the referral code. Credit for them can take up to  72 hours!

Cheers

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes for both. If the number changed, then the person has changed their phone number.

Yes you should see the referral on your list right away, even before you receive the text notification.

Need Help? Let's chat.