cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Port - Texts Received by Some Contacts Under Old Phone Number

jfukase
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just ported in two days ago after activating an account ~15 days ago. Almost everything is working fine, but one of my contacts reports that my texts come in from my old phone number, not my new number that was ported in from Koodo (postpaid I think).

If they call me on my ported number, it goes through and is reported as my ported number. If they text me, it received correctly, but when I text them it looks like it is coming in from my old number. If I call them, it shows up as my ported number. If they text me under my old phone number, I still receive it. This contact is also with Public Mobile.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@jfukase 

try disabling/enabling chat features on your messages app. reset your network settings and restart the phone. if none of this helps then the port request number you called will be able to help you

jfukase

I am not an iPhone user, I have a Pixel 4a

jfukase

I am getting calls on my ported number from different contacts on a different carrier.

I called the phone number, and the earliest I can get a call back is tomorrow morning.

When porting out, I did get a text from my older carrier and I did reply Yes.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jfukase 

are you an iPhone user? you may have to fix your apple id

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jfukase 

one question, are you receiving calls on your ported number from different contacts on different carrier?

when you requested porting 2 days ago, did you get a text from your old carrier?  did you reply Yes?

There is a number you can call to talk to agent and confirm if the port is completed.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.