cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls from random numbers citing that they are receiving fraudulent calls from my number

rahulvijayan85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, in the past week I have received multiple calls from various numbers saying that they have received some fraud/spam calls from my number, when I havent even made those calls.

I obtained the screenshot from 1 of the guys for the proof and it seems he got an incoming call from my number and spoke for about 20 seconds. The guy talked about some UPS parcel getting returned.

What can I do here..i want this to stop at the earliest.

IMG_20220618_155446.png

can you please help.?

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not the first and not the last attempt to scam people.

Best way is not to answer any calls from unknown numbers. If you do you might get into argument guy yelling at you why you called him, etc. Then you have to explain you did not, blah, blah, blah.

WHOEVER really needs you will leave vmail.

Turn your DND on to NOT accept calls if not in contacts list. That will stop those calls from ringing on your phone but the caller can still leave a voicemail. Then look in your recents and block those callers as well. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rahulvijayan85 its Caller ID Spoofing.  Scammers use system to randomly generate caller ID and fool people to think it is from a valid phone number.  

There is no worry about that.  Just ignore.  Not something that will hurt you and definitely not because your account was compromised.   

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

The bad guys know how to "spoof" your number and make random calls with your number. It's a new trick they use. You have option of changing your PM number if it gets to be chronic...otherwise just see if it subsides after a while.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There's not much you or they can do about it. Scammers are spoofing your number. It'll subside. Then it might happen again.

Need Help? Let's chat.