cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to receive incoming voice calls from Rogers customers

MeganM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Mary, I am having this same issue. People on the Telus network and the public network can call me and the calls come through. But I have two people on the Roger network that it says my number is not assisgned with they try calling me. Their text messages go through though.

7 REPLIES 7

@MeganM wrote:

Hello, I am new and signed up a week ago with PM, Telus customers and Fido customers can call me and the calls go through, however anyone on rodgers, it says to them that the number is not assigned, yet I can receive texts from them. I did not port a number, I got a new number from PM. 

Thanks, 

HI @MeganM  ,  Yes, Fido and Rogers is on the same network , it is weird why there are different result

Do you have more than one friend on Rogers?  Can you have your different Rogers friends to call you and text you?  Just want to make sure if it is just one particular Rogers account unable to call you or anyone from Rogers can't

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MeganM 

Another way for you to contact PM directly is to send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MeganM 

Historically the fix for this issue unless you really want to keep your new number is to go into your self serve account and change your phone number. You can change your phone number 4 times every 30 days. For some reason the very occasional number is not recognized by Rogers and results in this message. Every thread I have read on this problem going back to 2016 suggests or has a solution of changing your phone number. But you can contact customer support if you wish.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@MeganM 

Interesting that Fido customers can contact you since Fido is part of Roger's group of companies and uses their network.  Another customer had a similar issue about one week ago and he contact Customer service agent (CSA)

You may need to contact customer service agent to have a look at your account.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact CSA.  Type: unable to receive calls.  Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MeganM -

Perform a reset of your network Settings. See if that improves anything.

Are you an iphone user?  Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

MeganM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am new and signed up a week ago with PM, Telus customers and Fido customers can call me and the calls go through, however anyone on rodgers, it says to them that the number is not assigned, yet I can receive texts from them. I did not port a number, I got a new number from PM. 

Thanks, 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MeganM   how long you have been with PM?  did you just joined?  did you just port  your number into PM today or yesterday?  which provider did you ported from?

Also, can you find a friend with other network , like Bell, Freedom, Virgin, and see if they can reach you?

Need Help? Let's chat.