cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

JonathanCope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I seem to be unable to tranfer my number from Freedom Mobile to Public. I already called freedom and they said all they need is the request to port the number from Public, but when I type in my number for the transfer on Publics site it says "Unable to transfer number" How can I get someone to request the transfer from freedom?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonathanCope 

1.  i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

2. do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

and Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link.
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

@JonathanCope wrote:

I seem to be unable to tranfer my number from Freedom Mobile to Public. I already called freedom and they said all they need is the request to port the number from Public, but when I type in my number for the transfer on Publics site it says "Unable to transfer number" How can I get someone to request the transfer from freedom?

First off, is your Freedom Mobile phone number still working?  Only active phone numbers can be ported to another carrier.

Have you already activated a Public Mobile account?  If you haven't, please complete the activation by getting a new phone number and then try the porting request from your self serve account.

If your Public Mobile account is already open, you can also try from your self serve account.  If, from your self serve account, you're still gettting that error message, you'll need to ask a Public Mobile customer support agent to manually process the request. You can do that by going to 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and then typing "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.