cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Running out of Data

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was wondering how this works as well. If you're on auto pay and close to the renewal date will it start using the data from next month? 

5 REPLIES 5

boywithnoname

Thanks to the OP and to all the people who responded to his thread. It is useful to know how data overages work and when the new days cycle begins and ends. 

Having said that, I figured I could always purchase the data add-on if I absolutely needed it.

acmethod

I purposely used up all my data the night before my plan was scheduled to renew just to see what would happen. For whatever reason, things seemed to continue to work.

Maybe it's possible my useage counter was off or public allows a small grace buffer.

LOL .... full size keyboard this time... not using my iPad for a change!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@acmethodwrote:

I was wondering how this works as well. If you're on auto pay and close to the renewal date will it start using the data from next month? 

No if you use your data it will stop and you won't have access to it.  You can either purchase a data addon which carries over until all used up.  So for example you are out of data have the data addon and say you use 200 mb of the 1GB addon you purchased and your plan then renews you will still have 800MB "in the bank" for the next time you need it.

Another option is you can contact the mods and have them renew your plan early, or just use wifi until your renewal date.

ETA @stonechucker, beat me by 3 seconds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Data will not be used from your next cycle early.  All data on your plan, is only available from the begining of your plan cycle, to the end of your plan cycle.

Please note the date on the 'Plan Overview' page is the Payment Date (or AutoPay date).  This is the date that you must have funds available (if not on AutoPay) in your account for seamless ongoing service.

Your plan renewal date, or cycle start date, is the next day, shown on the page that displays if you press the 'My Rewwards' button, on the Oveview page.

Need Help? Let's chat.