cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment/service issues related to auto-pay renewals

mmcgreal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot see how to post on this board, so I am posting in reply to this similar issue. My credit card renewed and my account was suspended. I put in the new expiry date on my credit card and the system demanded I make a payment, so I did. Now it appears I have "lost" 700 or so of add-on minutes and I am no longer credited for autopay or being a longtime member (almost 3 years now)!?  

Are these issues being resolved? It doesn't sound like I am the only one. Up until now I've been happy with the service. A text to update my credit card would have been appreciated as when you are on autopay, these things slip your mind.

Martin

9 REPLIES 9

@esjliv 

I should clarify because I said "both".....if you have monitored your renewal or even by looking at your payment history you will notice that your renewal commences with your rewards being applied. They move from your rewards section to your available funds long before autopay is triggered for payment. Once its in your available funds they are no longer "rewards" but are considered "cash" available to pay for plan renewal or purchase add ons. An autopay failure will have no affect on them.

To put it another way....when a $15 plan goes into renewal with only an autopay reward the $2 is applied to the balance and shows as $2 in available funds. Autopay will then charge the card on file $13. If it fails then the customer needs to manally top up the account $13 to reactivate the account because the $2 already sits as available funds in the balance. 

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

All rewards are applied upon renewal first ( moved to the funds available in your balance). Then payment would be taken fom the funds available. Finally autopay would charge the balance owing to the card....in this case it failed due to the expired card. Rewards application unaffected. Suspension using lost/stolen does prevent the rewards from applying. But neither of these cases denies you your rewards they would just have to be applied manually after renewal by a moderator.

@darlicious

Okay, hypothetical question...unless this happened to your or others you know of:

• My credit card expired
  • My plan did not renew because of this

Does my $2 autopay reward move up to my Available Funds balance when I make the manual payment (without Moderator intervention) ?

@esjliv 

All rewards are applied upon renewal first ( moved to the funds available in your balance). Then payment would be taken fom the funds available. Finally autopay would charge the balance owing to the card....in this case it failed due to the expired card. Rewards application unaffected. Suspension using lost/stolen does prevent the rewards from applying. But neither of these cases denies you your rewards they would just have to be applied manually after renewal by a moderator.

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

The card expiring makes no difference on whether you recieve the autopay reward. As long as there is a card registered you qualify for the $2 reward.

@darlicious , okay.

I understood in this case, that the OP's card expired, so the plan didn't renew (since it could not charge the credit card). So there was no renewal, therefore no $2 reward moved to their Available Balance or Rewarded.

If the plan does not renew due to expired credit card, does the $2 go up to the customer's Available Funds anyway?

I may not have written that clearly enough, sorry.

@esjliv 

The card expiring makes no difference on whether you recieve the autopay reward. As long as there is a card registered you qualify for the $2 reward.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mmcgreal wrote:

I cannot see how to post on this board, so I am posting in reply to this similar issue. My credit card renewed and my account was suspended. I put in the new expiry date on my credit card and the system demanded I make a payment, so I did. Now it appears I have "lost" 700 or so of add-on minutes and I am no longer credited for autopay or being a longtime member (almost 3 years now)!?  

Are these issues being resolved? It doesn't sound like I am the only one. Up until now I've been happy with the service. A text to update my credit card would have been appreciated as when you are on autopay, these things slip your mind.

Martin

@mmcgreal ,

I don't really understand this part of your post:    "have "lost" 700 or so of add-on minutes " ?

Clear your browser's cache or try a different browser.

Then try opening a tab in incognito mode.

Can you update your credit card after doing these things?

You should see this at the bottom of your Overview TAB in your Self Serve if you are registered for Autopay.

esjliv_1-1618002538014.png

As for the rewards they would exist in your Available Funds, if your credit card was not expired. But if your card expired then yes, you would have been out the $2 for that renewal. 

If I was you, I would contact the Public Mobile Moderators about this the missed rewards if you want to bring this to their attention, and that other issue I didn't understand, sorry.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mmcgreal 

FYI....to make you own thread just choose the appropriate board and click the ask a question box near the top left. Add a subject and then ask your question and post.

Can you post a screenshot of your plan and add ons section of your overview page? Please remove all your personal and sensitive account info first. You shouldn't have lost any of your add ons when experiencing an autopay failure due to an expired credt card.

At the bottom of your overview page does it say you are registered for dynamic autopay? You may have to go to the payment page and reregister. If you are registered there is sometimes a delay in the $2 reward appearing but does get added upon renewal.

If your add ons disappeared but were not fully consumed ( they do disappear when completely used) then you will have to contact the moderators to look into that for you.

A card is expiring text does exist but is very YMMV if you actually recieve it. It would be nice if pm fixed the reliability of recieving the text.

@Dunkman  @computergeek541 

Perhaps you could create a new thread for the OP? Please and thank you.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try completely logging out of your account, then back in. I had a similar issue after I had to make a manual payment and it appeared to work for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmcgreal : When your account goes into suspension for lack of payment, you need to pay the full amount of the plan. You also probably need to toggle the autopay back on.

The 700 minutes sounds a bit odd.

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Maybe also your Payment history from here (not payment card).

Need Help? Let's chat.