cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: International Incoming calls free or not?

lpurewal1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I can’t receive international calls from Canada when I go to US. So is there any solution? 
thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

SteveHarv147

Thank you for this! Google was giving me mixed responses...should have known to just check here instead!

@whyveeare wrote:

I'm not so sure you can receive calls from anywhere in the world when roaming in the USA.  At least according to this chart in the PM Help Section.  Has anyone ever confirmed this?

whyveeare_0-1614661210158.png

I  doesn't matter where someone calls you from. This is true at any carrier, on any plan. 

I do agree that the information in the picture is confusing, but look at what it says at the top of the column. It actually says that they're speaking of recieving calls from anywhere. The Canada and the U.S. part is referring to the Public Mobile customer receiving calls while in Canada or the U.S., although not all of that is actually related to U.S. roaming. If Public Mobile were restricting who could call you, I'd be outright shocked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whyveeare : Excellent find. I'd had a glimmer of memory on that but I didn't go looking.

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not so sure you can receive calls from anywhere in the world when roaming in the USA.  At least according to this chart in the PM Help Section.  Has anyone ever confirmed this?

whyveeare_0-1614661210158.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : *crickets*. I'm not correcting you. 🙂 You know full well that someone will jump on inaccurate information.

Maybe they've fixed it but I was actually able to receive calls in the states a couple years ago and on PM. Couldn't call out of course. That and inbound texts but texts are officially recognized.

@popping wrote:

@lpurewal1 wrote:

Hi I can’t receive international calls from Canada when I go to US. So is there any solution? 

While you are in USA, you need US roaming minutes add-on in order to receive any call from anywhere around the world including calls from Canada. 

But US roaming minutes add-on only allow outgoing calls to Canada only even if your have international minutes add-on in your account.  Correct me if I am wrong.

A long distance minute add-on is not required to call Canada from the U.S. when using a U.S. roaming add-on that includes talk.  Long distance minute add-ons actually don't work while a Public Mobile customer is in the U.S.

@lpurewal1 

When you're IN Canada, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world.

When you're in USA, you either need to buy a US roaming add-on to use Public Mobile service  -OR-  go to a local mobile shop in the US and buy a short-term use SIM card to pop into your phone which includes the services you're seeking.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lpurewal1 wrote:

While you are in USA, you need US roaming minutes add-on in order to receive any call from anywhere around the world including calls from Canada. 

But US roaming minutes add-on only allow outgoing calls to Canada only even if your have international minutes add-on in your account.  Correct me if I am wrong.

@lpurewal1 wrote:

You'll need the one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons....

US Roaming
10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle...$20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle...$15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only...$8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only...$8

Log in to your account / My Data and Add-ons/Purchase Add-ons...you can select one of the options under 10 Day US Roaming add-ons. They only last for...10 days though.

lpurewal1

@lpurewal1 wrote:

thank you 

You need to purchase a a U.S. roaming add-on that includes calling. It never matters where the other person calls you from. Remember not to confusing roaming with long distance. You need roaming. Add-ons are listed here:  Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.