cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Terms of Service & New Community Guidelines

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. I recently received a PM soliciting online employment at $3500 per week.  Is this a spam scam? Did anyone else receive this? Should it be reported? Thanks

61 REPLIES 61

trishe

@darlicious ...well thought out.

I like your back up plan

What is the more the merrier?

Promotion?

you go girl!

you do you!

@trishe   Yes , not a good 🎂 surprise.. 

I hope the Community Manager which I tagged earlier would at least make a comment and might even approach you directly privately and explain what happened (and say a belated Happy Birthday to you as well) . 

Yes, PM has been trying to setup different reminders, like SMS about  75% data used, 100% data used.  But ironically, some of them were sent wrong for whatever reason and just created more confusion.  I hope this email was just another example that it fired at the wrong time to the wrong audience instead of PM's new tactic to promote it's "Autopsy".  LoL 

trishe

@Anonymous 

Lol..right you are!

Obviously

The letterhead bold print and writing of it sure seemed that way at the time prompting me to drop what I was doing and look into it further...caused a head ache. 

Waste of my time and health.

Which is worth 

more 

than money

Have a greater day

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : You. Weren't. Being. Ripped. Off. You got an erroneous email. This is not the end of life as we know it.

trishe

@softech 

Thanks again for trying to help.

Recieved email  boldly stating oops we didn't receive pay your account is suspended...

you seen the screenshot..

11 DAYS  AFTER accounts WERE FULLY PAID.

Standard time of day is irrelevant in this bogus advertisement .

With money left over from referral loyalty bonus etc.

You might not have read in one of my replies I mentioned this bogus notice was recieved rather close to my birthday. 

As we age that's a day some of us don't particularly like. To have the gift of an email announcing I was just ripped off by some automated glitch...was particularly distasteful.

Your sense is right about bad timing. Perhaps now you understand that timing was not quite the way you guessed. 

At the risk of straining my eyes reading anymore about this I boldly go outside into sunshine instead and marked this issue resolved as this account is NOT closed nor suspended ...before the monsoon season starts again bye for now & adios amigos

As much as I have disdain about being ripped off...I also dislike being lied to.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

@dabr 

Good for you. 

Did you any time pay with auto-pay or not and 11 days later receive an email in large bold print stating oops we didn't receive payment and your account is suspended.? 

Using a bogus lie as a form of advertisement will not sell me anything. 

@darlicious  hello...:-)

I remember you

( cool name b t w)

very helpful you were about half a year ago when I was last in here for a problem resolution but it took weeks and a new sim (NC) to get my phone service working again .  

@trishe    No, so far, I haven't received an email saying that my account was suspended due to lack of payment/autopay failure.   AFAIK, these email notices are a very recent thing being tried by PM.  I understand it would be alarming coming out of the blue.  Hopefully, PM will refine these email notices so that they don't get sent out erroneously to confuse customers.

trishe

@dabr 

Good for you. 

Did you any time pay with auto-pay or not and 11 days later receive an email in large bold print stating oops we didn't receive payment and your account is suspended.? 

Using a bogus lie as a form of advertisement will not sell me anything. 

@darlicious  hello...:-)

I remember you

( cool name b t w)

very helpful you were about half a year ago when I was last in here for a problem resolution but it took weeks and a new sim (NC) to get my phone service working again .  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:
  • @Anonymous 

Bingo...my accounts are not due again until the beginning of November.(edited)

I will never EVER use auto pay...

Too much reliance upon unstable technologies and misleading erroneous advertisers claiming how much simpler it is.

Just go through the threads in here over the years with people having problems with auto pay...any problem with a credit card of no fault by Public mobile & the consumer is out of a credit card AND out of phone service.

No thank you to that.

Thank you for clarifying the error went out both ways (like food poisoning) eew!

@trishe    I see this thread has grown rather long and I might be repeating what others have already said (sorry all, but TDLR, sorta 😊) and giving you more of an headache with another post to read 😉, but I can definitely say in just over 3 years on one account and 2 years on another, that autopay has always worked without fail.

I agree that it almost seems, from the customers who post in this forum, that autopay has frequent issues, however, I'm sure we only hear from the very small percentage of customers who have experienced the autopay failure and majority never have this issue so, of course, never need to post here.   Of course, if autopay fails and the customer loses service it is going to be very frustrating time for them until they are able to fix the payment issue.

I notice you are wary of adding a CC to your account and in the process losing out on a very easy $2 savings every 30 days, but you can also register a bank issued Debit Visa or Debit MC (can confirm BMO Debit MC works) and then enable autopay to receive your $2 reward discount every 30 days.  Just adding a valid payment card to your account, and enabling autopay, but still electing to pay with vouchers (if that's your preferred payment) would still give you the $2 autopay reward. 

Another point, adding extra funds to your account ahead of your payment date (no matter how many days ahead you add funds) will not push up your 30 day payment cycle.  It just means that the payment system will debit those available funds and will not need to touch your payment card on the payment due date.

Lastly, I've only used vouchers once and, unfortunately, never paid attention to the voucher to see if there was an expiry date, but I'm quite sure that once the voucher funds are redeemed into your account, then those funds would not have any expiration timeline and will just stay there until they are depleted for either plan payment or purchase of add-ons, no matter how long that would take.

Hopefully, I haven't confused you (and anyone else) further, but I hope you take another look at adding a payment card and  enable autopay to save a couple $$ on your plan.  Good luck. 😊

@J_PM   here is another similar situation, user got the email but he/she already topped up over a week ago before the email was sent.

Suspended Notice - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@trishe 

Here's my theory which I had alluded to earlier.....there have been complaints about autopay failures, suspensions and in some cases (ie. elderly parent w/an emergency cell phone or overseas customers who have self suspended) account cancellations/deactivations for non payment of the plan. Whatever the reason for a plan being suspended for non payment the follow up SMS text clearly was not sufficient (CCTS ruling?)

To better inform its customers in addition to the SMS text public mobile has 2 form emails to be sent to customers.....those registered for autopay and those who are not. You got the latter and my bf got the former and neither of which had particularly good timing. Yours came mid cycle and the bf's came a full 6 days after his account was suspended for non payment. They obviously have some timing issues to work out but overall this is a beneficial improvement for customers.😃

Just to be clear when I had to worry about paying for my services I had a fully functioning credit card registered for autopay that I used as a back up just in case I forgot to top up manually. I did forget once and autopay functioned perfectly. Since both of my accounts are now permanently paid I as does @Anonymous  keep a no or low balance credit/gift card on file for the $2 reward.

The bf on the other hand has to pay for his services and in an effort to teach him responsibility I long removed my credit card and replaced it with what is now a long expired kelloggs visa gift card. Normally I start reminding him to purchase a voucher a week before his renewal but it completely slipped my mind this month and to add to it with his phone slowly gitching out from the smashed screen and the fact he could still call me due to the leftover functionality of telus wifi calling he actually went 3 days without active service until he asked me if I was messing with his phone! ??? ....lol!?😉😅😆😂

Obviously....when it comes to autopay for the bf there is no back up plan. Just the extra $2 off his plan cost. I believe that pm is just testing out how to implement the automatic sending of these emails to customers and the bf, @trishe , @thomask 's wife along with a few others I'm sure have been the guinea pigs to test functionality (@J_PM  it still needs tweaking.....and not everyone is thrilled with it!?)

When you do sign up for pm you also agree to be subscribed to emails from pm and telus and their associated companies. This is different from signing up for deal alerts or registering an email for a flash sale promotion. It is also not abused by pm....slightly more so by telus but in comparison to the onslaught of email advertising the average company will send a subscribed customer the occasional beta test email or migration offer is no skin off my back.😎

Don't get me wrong I fully understand your reasoning for not registering a card for autopay...I am that person and so is @Anonymous  but he and I also found a workaround, understand that autopay is not the same as a pre-authorized card and keep a close eye on our accounts for anomalies. I used to pay freedom an extra $2 to pay my bill in store as I never sign up for automatic billing and its incumbent pre-authorization requirements.

Neither of us would want to miss out on a freebie from pm. Mind you.....I think we are both a little curious where another add on gift will fit on our overview page in our self serve accounts as its getting a little crowded in there but we are hoping a third annual "more the merrier" campaign will provide us with an answer!😃

@trishe wrote:

This particular email  was a mistake and b s spam

@trishe 

I still have a feeling this email came has a timing confusion .  

Again, what time did you receive this email? Are you in the PST?  And what date you got the email?  Like the date before your plan renewal due date?

Like I said, PM will mark plan expired as easy as 6pm EST the night before the plan renewal due date, and that is 3pm PST.  Again, the plan is marked expired but there is no service interruption.  PM just need this extra hours to prepare.    I wonder if it is that "gap" they sent the email 

Yes, this is a weird timing and this create LOTS of confusion to everyone.  

As to the " bad advertising ploy in the guise of suspension to promote auto pay.",  it could be.    PM has been known for poor wordings.  For example, while all its plans are advertised with extra data when Autopay is enabled, this is not true for $15 plan.  For $15 plan, with or without autopay, they will throw in the extra data.  It was like that for years.  In the beginning, it could be a system glitch or limitation.  But with the reason CRTC guideline, they have no choice but need to throw in the  250MB data to be compliant.  PM never tries to update the wordings on the plan.   It could be a oversight, or it could be intended to promote autopay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : Like I said...as you wish. Clearly we have different perspectives.

trishe

If I was late in paying by a day or few for whatever reason it is texted immediately and reminder texts are sent prior to the due date(s) 

This particular email  was a mistake and b s spam

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : This is either again another misunderstanding or I'm simply not interpreting your wording properly.

No, paying before the pay before date up top does nothing. Edit: nor does it reset your 30 day term. You can use that money to buy add-ons or change plans to another plan. Otherwise it will sit there and wait for your next renewal. It won't ask for money again at that renewal. It always takes money from Available Funds first.

You appear to have missed out on several other gifts over time too.

You do seem rather convinced that this was a ploy. I'm convinced it was an erroneous email. This seems to be a new service they've put in recently. Prior to now it was a text...not an email.

trishe

Thank you for the 2$ tip on the spent card

trishe

At the bottom of the email it states I am subscribed...I had subscribed to lean of new promotions not be errantly threatened and misdirected...will unsubscibe if possible

trishe

@Anonymous 

Yes I understand the 30 days not exactly a month. If you put money in before it also runs out before. The payment date is reset to 30 days from when you paid not when you were due to pay...so by doing it a day or two before you are in fact paying twice for that day or 2

I now understand that this is a bad advertising ploy in the guise of suspension to promote auto pay. To wrongfully threaten a customer that their paid account is suspended in order to ensure more money...is just plain wrong to do that to us who need our phones as a life line not just a toy to play games on. I am keeping one phone with Public mobile. Years ago they gave us a gig of data free for Christmas! No other phone provider ever gave gifts like that to my knowledge. I am unsubscribing to emails. For my birthday I got this bogus Notus of suspension lol.  I will be switching my other phone(s) to a different carrier. Like I said it is a lifeline for some of us.  When one phone is out of charge or lost it is good to have another if an emergency call is necessary or to find the lost phone. Pay phones are hard to come by these days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : I have a balance on my account already. But I still have the card there for the autopay $2. It just has zero balance on it. But it won't get used.

If you have a look at the voucher catalogue and all the images in it, the wording pretty much speaks to having an active account and then if not active for 90 days that the account will deactivate. I'll certainly admit that the wording could be clearer.

I guess I took your wording in that bit of a rant to suggest that it was a misunderstanding.

trishe

@Anonymous  do you auto pay or by voucher? 

My friend who I was happy to switch to public mobile pointed out to me the writing on the voucher.  The other friend who lost her phone service and number likely went over the 3 months without adding money. That is the 90 days.

No misunderstanding

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : Helpful to sort out your dates and cash flow. But whatever. As you wish. You're quite convinced of all your negativity of the place. Oh well.

Many 10's of thousands of customers carry on with their lives month in month out year in year out without a thought to their autopay failing of no fault of their own. But sure, it happens. No tech is perfect.

trishe

@Anonymous 

Helpful for who?

This issue is solved.

A pm was sent to CS

They can see my history...thank you for understanding..it IS. A bad advertising gimmick

Thank you to @darlicious  also and others pointing out the erroneous email has also been spammed to other public mobile customers who already use auto pay.

Another way I can save myself the head aches is to unsubscribe my emails from further Public mobile promotions.  I can just check into community from time to time or the main website to read the newest promotions...of which auto pay is NOT a NEW promotion! It has been offered all along since I signed up with this phone service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : Oh my. There's another misunderstanding. It means that when an account goes into suspension that after 90 days the account deactivates and disappears. I've not heard of an expiry of a voucher before it has been redeemed. Once redeemed then it will go towards the plan cost for the next renewal and the voucher is done.

trishe

@softech 

On the pre paid vouchers it clearly states in somewhat fine print not valid after 3 months. One of my friends did not read that fine print and was surprised her account was not only suspended but her number was given away to somebody else. Public mobile has lost that customer forever. Some of us are old school and avoid using credit cards as much as humanly possible. I won't be threatened coerced hood winked suggested influenced encouraged into using one. Any glitch on the credit cards part would cost me a phone use that I need and don't care if it costs me  2 bucks or 25 more for that lifeline. That's why!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : I have a spent out prepaid "credit" card gift card with zero balance on it just to get the $2. The plan is paid by other means. Edit: Heck, I'll give ya the particulars and you can do the same. There's no money there so it doesn't matter.

But you are clearly set against saving 2 bucks one way or another. So fine.

What would also be helpful would be a screenshot of your overview page and payment history. Blank out personal info of course.

trishe
  • @Anonymous 

Bingo...my accounts are not due again until the beginning of November.(edited)

I will never EVER use auto pay...

Too much reliance upon unstable technologies and misleading erroneous advertisers claiming how much simpler it is.

Just go through the threads in here over the years with people having problems with auto pay...any problem with a credit card of no fault by Public mobile & the consumer is out of a credit card AND out of phone service.

No thank you to that.

Thank you for clarifying the error went out both ways (like food poisoning) eew!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : Well still a timing thing there. When is your actual Pay before date up top? Like Nov 4th or something. The text would arrive _after_ a failure...not before a payment. Unless you pay after renewal time which would suspend your services which obviously no one likes.

But I agree...clearly the email is erroneous. It seems to be a new thing so maybe they're still ironing out the bugs.

trishe

@Anonymous 

Paid my phone account(s) on the 5th October manually...I always do manually cause it works best for me...if I was late paying which I'm not it would state it via text message on the 4th..it's now what the 17th ? EST PST has nothing to do with this.  I am signed up to receive notices of PM promotions via email...this IS an advertising gimmick that comes off erroneous & misleading so I hope they switch back to promoting the service instead of issuing bogus suspension notification disguised as auto pay encouragement. I hope I did not irritate any mods speaking honestly about this

@Anonymous  we are thinking the same thing regarding the payment timing

@trishe  you might consider a Hybrid Autopay model to save $2.  You can still enable Autopsy, the system will mark $2 off to the amount due but you can manually load fund ahead of the due date.  The money will sit there as Available Fund and will be used for renewal when the time comes.  No actual auto debit from credit card as you already loaded fund ahead.   The autopay will only kicks in if you have missed the payment ahead

Need Help? Let's chat.