cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Terms of Service & New Community Guidelines

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. I recently received a PM soliciting online employment at $3500 per week.  Is this a spam scam? Did anyone else receive this? Should it be reported? Thanks

61 REPLIES 61

trishe

@dabr ....thanks for the update and for understanding.

The second half...I d k why the whole screenshot did not post...claims that by using auto pay I need never worry about account suspension. Sorry small phone on largest print could not fit while email into a single screenshot...apparently not even into 2. What a head ache over nothing. Better a false email of this account suspended than an actual one regarding a credit card account. Glad to pay manually. Peace of mind.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : It would seem there are two versions of non-payment. trishe has the non-autopay and darlicious showed the autopay failure.

@trishe 

yes, I agree there seems to be an issue there.  But, you didn't setup Autopsy, so, you pay before or after your account was due?  Maybe you paid really close to the due deadline?  

PM is weird,  the account will mark Expired around 6pm before the actual amount due date with or without Autopay,  But no service interruption, PM just need the extra hours to prepare payment and renewal

I wonder if it is that 6 hours window before midnight that caused the confusion.  The email might have sent shortly after 6pm and you paid a bit after that.  Again, all this action are done before midnight 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : I'm curious about your timing. The accounts do appear to go into suspension at midnight ET. But not functionally. Then overnight they will try to find the money in Available Funds and use that to renew the account. If not paid somehow by early morning then it will functionally suspend. There could even be a little grace time after that. This could be tricky timing. How do you pay? When do you pay?

I think it's nice that they send an email. Did you get a text too? Or just the email? This is not marketing. It's a reminder. It's a heads up. Uh hey Mr. Customer it looks like your account hasn't been paid.

As for autopay and using a credit card...credit cards only charge interest if you leave a balance owing on them. They don't charge interest if you pay it in full. You could also use a prepaid "credit" card gift card to satisfy the autopay reward and get the $2 but still pay your plan however you've been doing.

I think this has been a bit of a fluke of timing. I would give it another renewal and see what happens. Just deposit your money in before the Pay before date up top and it should all go smooth. Remember it's 30 days...not a month.

trishe

@softech I always pay manually.  There are far fewer glitches than through auto pay and I remember what I paid and when unlike if I left that up to automation and running up a credit card.  When I need my phone I need it.  I can not afford to pay for services I don't get

@trishe i didn't see your first half of the email but the screenshot you posted just said "won't have to worry about your account being suspended"

update: just saw the first half..

trishe

@dabr 

Similar...but different

Screenshot_20211017-203531.png

 feels somewhat condescending and insulting...reminds me of a scene in Jurassic park when the guy botched the computers

trishe

@softech 

As stated in previous replies to you.

1. The link went to my account and 

2.  I'm not interested in adding any extra interest payments to a credit card so autoplan pay is not for me.  3. Furthermore by falsely advertising my account as unpaid as an averisement to promote automatic payments that cost me more money this advertisement will accomplish the opposite of promoting products and could lose me as a customer. For straightforward clarity in my phone provider where I receive the services I paid for  will receive me as a customer. Otherwise this false assertion of non payment and erroneous statement of account suspension and dialog regarding it since has wasted my time and given me a head ache. I marked this question as solved. Thank you for helping. I await to hear back from customer service. Since my accounts are paid and active I look forward to porting my number out to another provider who may provide services with far less confusion. Thanks again

@trishe  The email look legit.  Where is the link pointing to?  (You might be able to just right click and copy URL)

Also @darlicious  confirmed that Autopay failure now comes with a reminder email.  So, I am really not surprise that the email you got is a legit one from PM

Also, why don't you enable Autopay and take the $2 saving monthly?   If you don't trust the email link, simply logon to My Account yourself and then enable it there.

trishe

@darlicious 

No it is not....here is most of the second half of the email I received...

Screenshot_20211017-203615.png

 the first half I replied to @softech...this appears to be only an advertising gimmick to promote auto pay. I'm not liking the misleading ad

trishe

Screenshot_20211017-203531.png

 i disagree. This is false advertising it seems to only to promote auto pay

I think this is a good move.   Bravos to PM for heading the right way

@Anonymous 

Au contraire this seems to be a new way of informing pm customers that their autopay has failed. It may be a response to complaints from customers that they should be informed that their autopay has failed not just by SMS but email as well. Either that or the bf has caused another glitch that when he forgets to pay his bill and the autopay fails due to the kelloggs visa gift card not having a balance then a select few of lucky pm customers get an erroneous email as well.

@trishe 

Was this the email you received?

Screenshot_20211017-015824~2.png

trishe

@dabr 

Lol yes but reading autopsy sounds so morbid lol

Glad it was just a mistake but what a waste of what could have been good advertising space...like recent promotions etc

I like getting notified about them and tell a few friends and they tell a few friends...

I won't be disclosing this discouraging advertising mistake to any friends.

Bad advertisements are not good for business...or anyone

I apologize to @softech and others in this community as my quick typing was auto spelled autopsy 

no worry.. we see posts about "Autopsy failed" all the time.. you know.. spell check power. LoL

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

@dabr  yes it is similar but only the colour and letterhead is the same.

Mine said account suspended..to pay and how to pay etc and promoted auto pay to not have this happen.

I do not and will not use auto pay

I apologize to @softech and others in this community as my quick typing was auto spelled autopsy and I hadn't proof read to correct it to auto pay ...until recently reading ...oops

@trishe   Lol, don't worry about the typos or autocorrect choosing the wrong word, that's happened to all of us at various times.  😁

If you read the thread I linked, that customer also noted that the email received mentioned that his wife's account was suspended (incorrectly, of course).  But it does seem these emails are being sent out in error and that's why it's safe to ignore if you know everything is fine in your account and with your phone service.

trishe

@dabr  yes it is similar but only the colour and letterhead is the same.

Mine said account suspended..to pay and how to pay etc and promoted auto pay to not have this happen.

I do not and will not use auto pay

I apologize to @softech and others in this community as my quick typing was auto spelled autopsy and I hadn't proof read to correct it to auto pay ...until recently reading ...oops

trishe

@softech 

A screen shot of my email will be a long time coming.

To do so would involve editing my personal info as per community guidelines

It should be OK as my account is still active although I have to go a great distance to get into phone range to check the other (s) which were active prior to the email and so should still be

After reading other people's problems with auto pay I still choose not to pay that way 

Also for personal reasons I am better at keeping track of what I pay than having it autopsy ed and running up interest charges on a credit card...call it frugal.

I think it was an advertisement for autopsy and the opposite of a good ad. Apparently others received it also. 😞

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trishe    Here is a link to the other post I was thinking had a similar issue to yours.  Is it same as what you received?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Email-quot-Missed-a-payment-Your-Public-Mob...

trishe

@Anonymous  a screens hot of my private email address to the community will not be forthcoming at least in any hurry with taking time to delete my private information from it. My email is set to receive advertisements and promotions from Public Mobile. The link in it to my account went to my account.  My password had to be reset and that worked fine to show my active account...

This is why I suspect it was just an advertisement for autopay...but the way it was promoted was in very bad taste

.. i am waiting for the screenshot, too...  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : I guess I allowed my account to get marketing emails. I get marketing emails. But not suspended emails. I would really want to examine that email that trishe got.

@softech wrote:

Also, when Autopay fails, you will get a text and I don't think there are email reminder.  

I do not think PM communicates with us through emails. At least I Never received one except when signed with PM.

Everything is done through SMS beside emails regarding Community which I can choose to receive or not.

Be very weary of any emails offering or soliciting services. Look for exact email address and never click on any links, attachments, etc.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

@softech 

Mega thanks again and sure! 

😄

It could possibly help another if they experienced the same thing.

I received an actual email from public mobile stating my account is suspended due to lack of payment.

This is not true my account (s) were paid on the same day and neither was suspended. 

If this is just an advertisement to promote auto pay it's alarming to the point of being somewhat offensive. 

Did anybody else also receive this I wonder. 

If it is just an advertisement I hope my phone provider Public Mobile will reconsider their advertising strategy and abstain from generating false information.  If they suspended any of my paid up to date accounts I hope they remedy this error within the accounts receivable.  I might have to switch providers if any account is suspended after I paid 

@trishe   If your account is up-to-date with payments, then you can ignore that email message from PM.  I think there's couple of other users also reporting receiving a similar erroneous email.  It's safe to ignore if everything in your account is working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe : You would want to be very sure of whatever links are in that email. I hope you didn't click on one and give up your login details. The url address could have been slightly off. The web page could have been a spoof to suck you in to do a login.

PM will send texts to suspended accounts, but not emails.

trishe

@softech 

I don't do autopsy

Thanks for the links but the one to place a ticket went nowhere

I was able to p m a c s agent

Thanks again

The email was sent from public mobile.  I already went through its link to check my account and into here. 

I can screen shot the email as I have not yet deleted it.

It, unlike the p m soliciting home based business, looks legit

@trishe   is there any link on the email? Be aware, don't click

Yes, Autopay sometimes failed for no reason and the system won't auto attempt a second time.  So, unless you manually pay it after, it won't unsuspend the account.

Also, when Autopay fails, you will get a text and I don't think there are email reminder.  

So, from all these, it sounds like a scam.   Is there any link there and maybe it tries to fool people to click on it?

do you have a screenshot of the email?

trishe

@softech 

Mega thanks again and sure! 

😄

It could possibly help another if they experienced the same thing.

I received an actual email from public mobile stating my account is suspended due to lack of payment.

This is not true my account (s) were paid on the same day and neither was suspended. 

If this is just an advertisement to promote auto pay it's alarming to the point of being somewhat offensive. 

Did anybody else also receive this I wonder. 

If it is just an advertisement I hope my phone provider Public Mobile will reconsider their advertising strategy and abstain from generating false information.  If they suspended any of my paid up to date accounts I hope they remedy this error within the accounts receivable.  I might have to switch providers if any account is suspended after I paid 

@trishe   , you want to share what is the issue and maybe we can assist?

To open ticket with PM Customer Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

trishe

@softech 

Thank you. Mega thanks for your prompt reply. I been away for half a year from this community and my communication skills are rusty. Would you be so kind to further suggest how I make a new post?  I help I need to contact customer service on another matter. T I A ❤️

Need Help? Let's chat.