cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re 1day June 1st 5G sale

RossN
Mayor / Maire
Hi I ordered a sim card for my son on june 1st received the email saying he was eligible for 5G one time add on for 25 dollar plan or above, my question is if he changes plans at a later date does the 5 G remain or does it  get removed like the sale the week before on the 25/26th it was clearly stated in that sale but no mention of it in the june 1st sale 
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@exposfreak4659 wrote:

The same email username to order the sim card is rejected when I register as a new subscriber stating that this username is not available, but I need to use the original username to get the June 1 promotion, is there a solution?

So you bought the SIM online using one email address. Now you've come to activate and you try to use that same email address. Correct? Is this email address used for another account here at PM?

exposfreak4659
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same email username to order the sim card is rejected when I register as a new subscriber stating that this username is not available, but I need to use the original username to get the June 1 promotion, is there a solution?

@RossN wrote:

is that you?Smiley Surprised

Nope, just an alter ego. I'm a little late responding because all the talk about dozing put me to sleep. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

Morning all,

As long as the 5 GB Add-On is successfully applied (you met all the conditions of same e-mail used, initial plan $25+/mo, you purchased a SIM on June 1st, and you see it in your Self-Serve), it acts as an Add-On and stays with the account no matter what changes you make (including going into suspend and plan changes).

The only way you could lose the 5 GB after having it added on is if you deactivate (90 days after suspend).

Hope that helps!

Alan

Thank you @Alan_K. Apparently my little legal metaphor didn't work very well 🙂 . As a company, you only really need to say that you can't do such and such. At least that's what I've learned about your style 🙂 ie. the last promo.

You don't need to go on saying what all you CAN do. This is an example of that.

Except for sales and marketing of course where they WANT to tout all the things you can do.

Thanks for the clarity.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Morning all,

As long as the 5 GB Add-On is successfully applied (you met all the conditions of same e-mail used, initial plan $25+/mo, you purchased a SIM on June 1st, and you see it in your Self-Serve), it acts as an Add-On and stays with the account no matter what changes you make (including going into suspend and plan changes).

The only way you could lose the 5 GB after having it added on is if you deactivate (90 days after suspend).

Hope that helps!

Alan

@sunflowershine wrote:

@RossN The 5 GB of data is listed as add-on. But the data will remain in your account until you use them up as long as you have to stay in the plan of $25 or above. Always read the fine print in the term. But I think your son has to activate the card and plan by Jun 15 in order to get that. 

There's no such condition for this promotion.  After receiving the add-on, customers can do anything they like plan wise.  The add-on will remain until it is used up unless the account gets closed.

A previous version of this promotion (in-store version) had terms that said that any plan change (lower or even higher priced) would void the add-on.  Alan made a statement that I interpreted as meaning that the condition was listed by mistake.

is that you?Smiley Surprised

@RossN wrote:

ok so I re-read the annoucement again and I still do not see where you have to stay in the 25 or higher plan after the first month now I am getting a headache

Correct, but that does not answer your question: "Will I lose the bonus 5 GB add-on, if I switch to a plan < $25?".

My 1 cent thought (not even worth 2 cents! Robot LOL): PM's system is not sophisticated enough to link a particular add-on to particular plans. BUT do change plans before the add-on has been awarded.

The cure for any PM induced headache: glass of hot milk with scotch followed by a doze in the sunshine. Works for me.

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 9.32.17 PM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@RossN wrote:

ok lol so what do you think about getting a lower plan afterwards?

It would be fine..it was written in another thread...because it's an add-on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

ok lol so what do you think about getting a lower plan afterwards?

@RossN wrote:

ok so I re-read the annoucement again and I still do not see where you have to stay in the 25 or higher plan after the first month

That's not me who say that ....sorry for my mistake. I answered about the 16 june for the end...Smiley Frustrated

RossN
Mayor / Maire

ok so I re-read the annoucement again and I still do not see where you have to stay in the 25 or higher plan after the first month now I am getting a headache

@RossN wrote:

I don't mean to disagree with you but there was no such statement in the announcement, no where does it say you have to stay in the 25 plan or higher in order to keep the5 G add on

po.png

@RossN wrote:

I don't mean to disagree with you but there was no such statement in the annoucement

Click here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/ONE-DAY-SALE-Buy-a-SIM-online-today-amp...

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I don't mean to disagree with you but there was no such statement in the announcement, no where does it say you have to stay in the 25 plan or higher in order to keep the5 G add on

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also, if I remember correctly, to be eligible for the promo, the email used when buying the SIM card must match the email used when activating the account, so be sure to keep this in mind when your son's account is being set up. 🙂

@RossN wrote:

I have to say I did read the fine print and there was no mention of that anywhere maybe you could direct me to where you read that?

In the annoucement ...

ONE DAY SALE! Buy a SIM online today & get a bonus 5 GB of data when you activate by June 16

I have to say I did read the fine print and there was no mention of that anywhere maybe you could direct me to where you read that?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RossN The 5 GB of data is listed as add-on. But the data will remain in your account until you use them up as long as you have to stay in the plan of $25 or above. Always read the fine print in the term. But I think your son has to activate the card and plan by Jun 15 in order to get that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@RossN wrote:

OMG now I have a headache lol

@RossN  To answer your question the addon is associated with the account and not the plan so once it's in his account he  will not lose it even if he changes to the $10 or $15 plan.

What!? I answered the question! He's a big boy. He even lol'd.

🙂

@RossN wrote:

@RossN  To answer your question the addon is associated with the account and not the plan so once it's in his account he  will not lose it even if he changes to the $10 or $15 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

well that is my question I am wondering if he will lose it if he changes his plan for a lower one it doesn't say anywhere that you would lose it 

Correct. Sometimes details of promos are not spoken.

It's like a philosophy of law in a "free" country where you have prohibitive laws as opposed to permissive laws like some not so free countries.

So in this promo, like with the last similar one, it doesn't say you can't (prohibitive).

well that is my question I am wondering if he will lose it if he changes his plan for a lower one it doesn't say anywhere that you would lose it 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:
Hi I ordered a sim card for my son on june 1st received the email saying he was eligible for 5G one time add on for 25 dollar plan or above, my question is if he changes plans at a later date does the 5 G remain or does it  get removed like the sale the week before on the 25/26th it was clearly stated in that sale but no mention of it in the june 1st sale 

I think that the one-time 5G add-on is yours until it's used up...long as you have at least a $25 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.