cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Mobile data and incoming calls not working after plan change on renewal

IJB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update 9/19:

My service is restored finally!! CS Agent escalated to tech support yesterday 9/18 (no follow-up since then) and just discovered now it's working again. So those of you still without service, here's hope yours will be fixed soon too!!

Original post 9/17:

Hi all,

I'm seeing others on the forum are reporting similar issues. In my case, the plan change took effect today Sep 17,  I was upgrading from 3G/250MB to 4G/4GB plan. For me, both mobile data and incoming calls are not working. For calls, the caller is hearing recorded voice message "5UT1. You have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service. Please check the number and try again". This is a big problem, it means caller is not even able to leave a voicemail! Text and outgoing call works btw.

Has anybody who is having similar issues been able to get a resolution? I've already submitted a ticket to CS Agent, waiting to hear back..

12 REPLIES 12

Sofiag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having the same issue. Need a response asap.  Please help

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ughhhh same issue. I decided to upgrade my husbands plan and now he cant receive calls, texts or send texts (he sends them, but they aren't received by the other party). Super frustrating as he is awaiting a callback for a job interview!!

@peterwong604730   Yes all communication is via private message but you might also get an email notifying you that a message is waiting for you in your community inbox.

Hopefully, your account has also been refreshed and services restored by now?

IJB

Mine is fixed now, finally!! My ticket was escalated to tech support yesterday, so approximately 1.5 days for them to fix it. Not sure what exactly they did, they never followed up with me. It just started working again. Hallelujah!

peterwong604730

Hi, I was wondering did them actually email you? I thought the only line of communication was through private message? If refreshing my plan will fix this issue I hope they will contact me and do the same. Please let me know how many days it took for this as I'm going on day 2 almost 3 and really need it for work.

mrigney

I got an email from CS a couple hours ago but missed the original invite for live chat so they sent another message asking if they could refresh my plan. I replied yes and and within an hour I got a message back asking to restart phone and see if it solved the problem, which it did. 

peterwong604730

I am having the same issue. No service since yesterday. This becoming from annoying to frustrating. The issue is apparently on their backend and requires their technical team to look at it according to the CS agent that I have been messaging. I really hope this issue is fixed by today or I will have to switch providers as it is impacting my work and social life.

IJB

I submitted a ticket, CS Agent reply:

"I apologize for the delayed answer, I handle multiple posts at the same time. I understand this is an unpleasant situation for you, however, I had the opportunity to check your account and on our part, everything seems to be ok. I make a refresh on the services, please turn off/turn on the device and test the services".

Problem still persists. Very frustrating!

mrigney

I'm having the same issue. Submitted a ticket yesterday with no reply yet,  appreciate updates from others.

IJB

Thanks @hTideGnow @JK8 . Glad to hear others are getting their service back! I imagine the agents are being overwhelmed with support tickets, so all I can do for now is wait.. and complain publicly on this forum (which I'm sure Telus couldn't care less about lol)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@IJB 

There have been issues the last few days. Yes, all you can do is wait for an agent to resolve.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @IJB 

yes, there are many with renewal problem with the plan change set on the renewal day together. 

I saw couple of them replied back saying issue resolved by PM CS agent.

Message them back and ask for update.  

Need Help? Let's chat.