cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about 12 GB/$120 for 90 days

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like so many others I assume, Public Mobile has finally swayed me to switch over with their current promo offer of Provincial Calling, Unlimited Text and 12Gb for $120 over 90 days.

I understand that this means I will only be able to make and receive calls in my home province (Ontario).  What I want to know is, am I still able to send/receive texts and use data in other provinces, or is that some how restricted too?

7 REPLIES 7

ashleyau
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Noted.  Thank you!

surreyboz

@ashleyau wrote:

Hi ... Does 12GB of data apply to 90 days or 4GB/30 days?  Does it matter if the data usage is over 4GB for each 30 days?

Thanks.

If you have a 90 day plan then you have 12GB to use within the 90 days. Example: You could say use 1GB on Day one and then you could use the 11GB Remaining on the last day.

ashleyau
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi ... Does 12GB of data apply to 90 days or 4GB/30 days?  Does it matter if the data usage is over 4GB for each 30 days?

Thanks.

Wafik

Perfect, thanks for the clarification!

matttang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Wafik,

First of all, welcome to Public Mobile! 🙂

To answer your questions:

Yes, all texts sent and received while in Canada are free.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Clarification-on-how-travelling-in-Can...

and yes, regardless of your plan, data can be used throughout Canada.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Coverage-outside-home-province/m-p/28128#M...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I think you will be able to text while in other provinces and use data but I do not know for sure.  The great thing about the long distance package is that it doesn't expire at the end of the 90 days it is good until the minutes are used up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes you can send and receive texts anywhere in Canada and you can uses data anywhere in Canada.

as for calling... you can call anywhere in the province you are in.   ie if your phone is based in BC and you are in BC everything works.  if you then visit Ontario you can call anywhere in Ontario but you will not be able to receive calls.   but if you buy the long distance addon then you will be able to call anywhere in Canada and if outside your province you can then receive calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.