cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about switching 2 lines from Bell

caveman2fr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone here, been thinking of switching from Bell to PM and doing my research several weeks. Here are my questions:

1. I got 2 lines (under a small business shareable plan) with Bell. According to the terms, the device balance will be paid out on 07 Feb, and the 2 yrs terms will end on 06 March. When it will be a good time for me to move the service (without having to pay an early cancellation fee to Bell)?

2. The 2 lines are under the same account number, will that be a problem for porting?

Staying with Bell for almost 6 yrs and I'm done with them right now, can't wait to join the PM community, thx!

4 REPLIES 4

@caveman2fr  What the other folks have said, AND something else to be aware of - each phone number you port over to PM has to have a separate account, and a separate email address associated with it, i.e. there's no "sharing" plans on PM. Both accounts' service can be paid for with the same credit card, or Visa debit, but they have to remain separate.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@caveman2fr  If it's a shareable plan why not port the secondary line now and wait for the last month of your contact to port out the main line.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@caveman2fr wrote:

Hi everyone here, been thinking of switching from Bell to PM and doing my research several weeks. Here are my questions:

1. I got 2 lines (under a small business shareable plan) with Bell. According to the terms, the device balance will be paid out on 07 Feb, and the 2 yrs terms will end on 06 March. When it will be a good time for me to move the service (without having to pay an early cancellation fee to Bell)?

2. The 2 lines are under the same account number, will that be a problem for porting?

Staying with Bell for almost 6 yrs and I'm done with them right now, can't wait to join the PM community, thx!

Now would be a good time to leave if you want to take advantage of the current Public Mobile promo.

Otherwise if you're concerned about your Bell device balance, any time after February 7th makes sense.

Other things to consider: Make sure your phones are unlocked.

Also you will likely have to port out the secondary line first before you are allowed to port out the primary line of any shareable plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@caveman2fr , based on the CTRC wireless code, the minute you enter into the final month of your device balance term, the remaining balance goes to zero.  You do not have to finish the final month.  That said, there is an ongoing promo with Public Mobile that you might want to take advantage of and forgo a bit of device balance payment.  I don't know if leaving early is a better option without knowing the remaining balance.  As for porting to Public Mobile, it is no problem.  Each number can be ported separately.  

Need Help? Let's chat.