cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about US roaming add-on

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello everyone!

Quick question: I'm heading to Chicago in November and would need to purchase the US roaming add-on. For $20 for talk, text, and data is not a bad deal for 10 days but I am more concerned about only getting a small amount of data. The texting I can do without but voice and data is needed. I'm going to stay there for 9 days. Can I purchase the add-on now and choose the date when it will be activated or will it become active right away once I add it and just expire after 10 days?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13:

I did an edit addition before your post appeared. But yes happens to me all the time. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shadowbanker wrote:

Hello everyone!

Quick question: I'm heading to Chicago in November and would need to purchase the US roaming add-on. For $20 for talk, text, and data is not a bad deal for 10 days but I am more concerned about only getting a small amount of data. The texting I can do without but voice and data is needed. I'm going to stay there for 9 days. Can I purchase the add-on now and choose the date when it will be activated or will it become active right away once I add it and just expire after 10 days?

As stated the addon is active when it is purchased and expires 10 calendar days  at midnight ET from activation.  With the purchase date being day 1.  If texting isn't required you could go Talk for $8 then data at 500mb for $15 or 1GB for $20.  It is more than the bundle plan but could save you money if you are worried about the small data bucket and end up purchasing additional data addons while you are away.

ETA Slow computers and you have completed the whole discussion point of my post lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadowbanker wrote:
Thanks for the answer. So basically I should only add it the day before I leave? I was thinking of just getting the talk only add-on and the 1 gig option. So basically $28 for 10 days or 2.80 a day plus tax. I can do away without text because I just use whatsapp or hangouts. Can I add them both add-ons at the same time or do I need to add voice first?

To get maximum value yes. Or get it to end when you return (if less than 10 days).

At the same time. You just can't add the *same* roaming add-on at the same time.

You do need to have voice in your home plan...not a data-only home plan.

If you want roaming for more than 10 days then you have to wait until *after* the expiration of an add-on to get it again. Not the last day.

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thanks for the answer. So basically I should only add it the day before I leave? I was thinking of just getting the talk only add-on and the 1 gig option. So basically $28 for 10 days or 2.80 a day plus tax. I can do away without text because I just use whatsapp or hangouts. Can I add them both add-ons at the same time or do I need to add voice first?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadowbanker wrote:

Hello everyone!

@shadowbanker:

The latter. You could also get the data only US add-ons at the same time (not the same add-on at the same time). Up to 1 GB. Remember the 2 steps. Put money in then buy the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.