cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased phone, a month later still no sim. Even after talking to CS.

JS10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About a month ago I purchased a pre owned phone from PM. No sim included when it arrived. Talked to CS. 2 different agents promised a new sim would be sent. Waited 5-10 business days, no sim arrived. Forum says sometimes takes up to 3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks. No sim. Local Telus store doesn't carry PM sims. The only PM sim I can find on Amazon says it's for unlocked phones. So now I'm stuck with what amounts to a expensive paper weight. Pretty sure it's too late to return the phone and buy from someone else too. So what do I do?

9 REPLIES 9

@JS10 

if you do buy another sim from Amazon (or wherever)...save a copy of receipt and contact CSA to request credit to your account as the sim shoulda been included with the phone originally.

If the original sim shows up,save it to gift a family member or friend who wants to $ave money on their cell bill.

Welcome to PM.

JS10

That is good to know, thank you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JS10 wrote:

That one says it is for "unlocked" phones though? Does that matter?

@JS10 - that amazon link is just saying this SIM card will work in unlocked phones. Your should be unlocked if you purchased from public mobile. 

FYI, if you purchased this phone from public, the phone can be used with any other provider (not just Public Mobile) now or in the future.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can return phone within 30 days of purchase.

You can buy SIM from Amazon or ebay if local stores do not carry any.

I would pester agents to send you SIM and demand they send it as registered mail with tracking number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JS10   The PM phone won't be locked, actually all phones sold over the last 4 years are unlocked.

edit:  @JS10   Since the PM phone is unlocked, then it doesn't matter.

JS10

That one says it is for "unlocked" phones though? Does that matter?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JS10 - awe that is not a good thing, sorry to hear it!

Go back to the ticket you had opened for the SIM card to be sent (which should have been included if you purchased a phone from PM, unless you opted out of it); and tell them nothing has been received yet.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JS10  Seems like to long reach out to support to find out when it shipped and when to be able to expect it. 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JS10  I would get a sim card from Amazon and ask them to reimburse

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB

and yes, if it has been over 30 days, then there is no refund on the phone, sorry about that

Need Help? Let's chat.