cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile to Koodo switch

hanihakam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I've been reading about the multiple offers since last March to switch over to Koodo, went to their kiosk and gave them the promo code that I found online but they told me that I specifically have to get a text from Public mobile with the code in order for it to work ! I never received any offers texts from public mobile before, is there anything wrong with my account ?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/17/public-mobile-offering-40-6gb-switch-koodo-mobile/

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hanihakam wrote:

@srlawren my plan is one if the targeted Ines for migration ($120/90 days/12gb) but my ohine number never received any offers text before unfortunately . I guess I'll have to wait

@hanihakam it's possible there are other factors that determine eligibility, but as they've never published the parameters of the campaigns, all we can do is speculate based on reports from community members receiving migration offers and what they report their current plan to be at that time.  So you're on the 2016 Fall Promo plan, then?  I was on that plan as well and took a migration offer back in March.  To the best of my knowledge, that plan is not currently the target for any migration offers, which is likely why the site won't accept your phone number for validation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hanihakam

@srlawren my plan is one if the targeted Ines for migration ($120/90 days/12gb) but my ohine number never received any offers text before unfortunately . I guess I'll have to wait

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hanihakam wrote:

I couldn't find anything in my phone settings that controls texts or offers from my phone carrier. Is there anyone can help me do the switch ? Last day is July 31

@hanihakam if the site won't take your phone number in the validation step, then your plan doesn't qualify for that migration offer, no matter what the expiry date is.  You'll have to wait for a future migration offer in which you are included, unfortunately.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hanihakam

I couldn't find anything in my phone settings that controls texts or offers from my phone carrier. Is there anyone can help me do the switch ? Last day is July 31

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hanihakam wrote:

I don't know if my notifications are muted or not , how do I turn it on ?

Checked your phone setting 

hanihakam

I don't know if my notifications are muted or not , how do I turn it on ?

hanihakam

@will13am wrote:

@hanihakam, the only thing public Mobile can be accused of is sending out too much notifications.  You probably silenced the notification texts by mistake and forgot about it.  As for the particular plan that you have, the migration offer came and went back in February/March.  The ship has sailed long ago unfortunately.

If you check the link I included it'll show that they are offering it now until the end of July

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i tried switching to the plan as well but htey said you werent sent the promo by koodo recently but before so i was not eligible. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hanihakam, the only thing public Mobile can be accused of is sending out too much notifications.  You probably silenced the notification texts by mistake and forgot about it.  As for the particular plan that you have, the migration offer came and went back in February/March.  The ship has sailed long ago unfortunately.

hanihakam

These are the steps that the lady at the kiosk done, she said that this primo code is valid but not for my phone number. The main problem is that Public Mobile never sent me any offer tesxt before, which I didn't know was necessary for this migration

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

good luck, and let us know if you are successful!

Derekmcl

Try signing up on Koodo’s website. It will ask you to supply your PM phone number as the validation code. If you qualify for the promotion, you will be permitted to complete the migration online.  No need to go to kiosk. 

hanihakam

My plan is $120/90 days with 12gb.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@hanihakam wrote:

So I've been reading about the multiple offers since last March to switch over to Koodo, went to their kiosk and gave them the promo code that I found online but they told me that I specifically have to get a text from Public mobile with the code in order for it to work ! I never received any offers texts from public mobile before, is there anything wrong with my account ?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/17/public-mobile-offering-40-6gb-switch-koodo-mobile/

What plan do you have.  These are targeted migration offers only to certain plans

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hanihakam wrote:

What plan do you have.  These are targeted migration offers only to certain plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.