cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile still charging me after # ported

Ohatt03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This seems to be a common issue, and is 100% dishonest business practice in my opinion. I recently ported my number to Fido, and I assumed my account had been closed. I am no longer able to log in to my account at public mobile. I just received a new charge from public mobile on my credit card today. I thought this company was a month-by- month plan that you have to pre purchase? And now I cannot contact an agent or log in to my account to see what is going on.  Also from browsing forums this seems to be a common problem.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ohatt03   Yes, this will happen sometimes  😞

Please open ticket with PM CS agent via message , they will arrange refund and really put a stop this time

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you successfully port to Fido @Ohatt03 

And did you have any issues activating the public mobile SIM card when you became a public customer? you are right, if you ported out successfully and this wasn't a timing issue, then you should not be charged unless something stuck incorrectly in PM's end. And wonder what that 'stuck' is?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ohatt03 

Sometimes when the porting out occurs very close to the renewal date, public mobile tries to pull the charge from the credit card.  It's possible the charge may drop off as a pending charge and not become authorized.

If it doesn't, and if Public Mobile doesn't refund the charge, just do a chargeback with your credit card provider. I'm pretty sure Public Mobile will do a refund otherwise.

Just out of curiosity, did the port over to Fido go seamlessly and do all your services with Fido work?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ohatt03  

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.