cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile charged me but didn’t reactivate my account/top up my account

Bears91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my acocunt has be inactive but I decided to pay it before it deactivated and I got charged for the top up but it didn’t reactivate my account/top it up. So now I’m out $43.68 and my account didn’t reactivate.. how do I get my money back? And why didn’t my account reactivate? HELP!!! 

update: account is all fixed!!! Thanks guys! I just had to wait abit I guess for it to reactivate 

9 REPLIES 9

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Bears91 wrote:

So my acocunt has be inactive but I decided to pay it before it deactivated and I got charged for the top up but it didn’t reactivate my account/top it up. So now I’m out $43.68 and my account didn’t reactivate.. how do I get my money back? And why didn’t my account reactivate? HELP!!! 

update: account is all fixed!!! Thanks guys! I just had to wait abit I guess for it to reactivate 

@Bears91 Hi there!  So nice to hear that your account is all fixed.  Yay!  

It would be nice if you go to the reply that helped you the most and click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.  Thanks in advance.

Stay safe!  Happy New Year!

@esjliv 

[EDIT:   It seems @Bears91 is all fixed up now per an edit to their initial post.   My inquiry below now a moot point.]

You know why the subject line changed (word activate to deactivate) from your first post on-ward?   It went from:

Re: Public mobile charged me but didn’t activate my account/top up my acocunt

to

Re: Public mobile charged me but didn’t deactivate my account/top up my acocunt

I'm aware posters can amend subject lines (though only OP's or Oracles should be able to do that), but it seem an odd change to the subject unless the OP amended it?

@Bears91 wrote:

when I log into my account it said top up plan before it gets deactivated on Jan 19,2021.

my plan is the $40 plan.
I went to pay and when I did my plan didn’t renew/reactive but it took my money out of my account. 

Hello @Bears91 , are you able to confirm if you currently have working services OR not?

Have you been in deactivated or suspended status for nearly 90 days? If more than 90 days you lose your account and PM phone number.

If your credit card was charged and the amount of your plan (or more) is now showing in your Available Funds.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. REBOOT your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Bears91 

Can you tell us the amount showing in "available funds" on your self serve page?

Also when you say your account didn't reactivate - do you mean you're currently without services?

And while you're at it, are you able to take a screenshot of the payment history tab & post it so we can see what occurred?  (be sure to wipe out any personal information)

@Bears91 wrote:

when I log into my account it said top up plan before it gets deactivated on Jan 19,2021.

my plan is the $40 plan.
I went to pay and when I did my plan didn’t renew/reactive but it took my money out of my account. 

@Bears91 Are you showing any available funds as shown below? Does your payment history reflect the money you just paid?

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.40.45 AM.png

@Bears91  does it show an available balance of the $40? When you say took the money out of your account. Are you talking credit card of PM account?

Like below.

Screenshot_20210117_084033.jpg

Bears91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my plan is the $40 plan.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Bears91  if you log into your account. Does a balance show (not the taxes) so maybe $40 if that's the plan you're on? 

If it shows do you see a reactivate button possibly?

Let us know!.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Bears91 ,

Do you still have services this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Resume service in the lost/stolen feature on your SELF SERVE account
  3. Reboot phone

Try topping up your account in your SELF SERVE or by calling 611 to your plan amount. If still no service (still saying suspended) go into the lost/stolen feature in your SELF SERVE account and hit "Resume".

Reboot your phone. All okay now?

Need Help? Let's chat.