cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public is saying I've used double the data I've actually used. 15Gb is almost gone

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed to the 15Gb for $40 plan a while ago, and public has not been accurately tracking my data usage. My usage history shows I've used just over 6Gb, but under "Plan Usage, I'm over 13Gb. What are you supposed to do in this situation?

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@9311 

for updated stats make sure to press the refresh icons after logging in

Screenshot_20221204-073327~3.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You didn't say you had clicked them. Not the browser refresh button up top. That spinner next to where you saw the updated a few seconds ago line.

The other method to make sure is to log in using private mode.

I'd still want you to be sure that the start date of your phone is the same as the start date of your last renewal. And whether you had possibly reset the numbers on your phone at some time since the renewal.

Do you leave your data on all the time? Some apps can hog a crap load of data without you knowing it. But of course that should be noticed in the phone counter and the site counter.

@9311 wrote:

how many more times?

Once should be enough.  It's a matter of forcing the website to update the information.  If that doesn't work, logging out and clearing the cache of the browser and closing the browser and then openning the browser again to load the page usually works.

how many more times?

Click the spinners again...they lie.

it says updated a few seconds ago, dates are all good....

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on any little spinner refresh icons you see lower down to make sure you're seeing up to date numbers.

If you're looking at phone usage then make sure you've set the start date to the start date of the last renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.