cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile stopped my WiFi

CaesarWong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On November 23, 2022, Public Mobile messaged me to say I have used 95% of the data. I checked my phone and it says I have used 1.05 GB of mobile data and my WiFi date usuage for Nov. 5 - Dec 3 is recorded w as 16.83 GB being used. But my WiFi had been stopped by Public Mobile. There's nothing wrong with my phone as I can use my WiFi when I am at home or at locations where I can connect my WiFi. It's only in public places that I am debarred from WiFi usuage. 

Notice of auto-payment to my plan was received on December 2, 2022. Yet, I am still debarred from using  WiFi in public area ( November 23, 2022). Can you check at your end and help to resolve the matter. Thank you. 

22 REPLIES 22

@CaesarWong and you have an Android??

PM has a 30 days cycle and not monthly.  To make the counter useful, you have to manually change the cycle start date to match PM's cycle start date, did you do that??  check My Account to get your current cycle start date and make sure your phone matches that

@CaesarWong wrote:

Since November 23, 2022, after Public Mobile messaged me I had used 95% of my mobile data, which is proven wrong from my phone record which says I have used 1.05 GB, Public Mobile stopped my Internet Connection. Even as today, after my auto-payment on Dec 2, 2022, I am still deprived from using Internet Connection. I can only used the internet in locations with wifi-connection which I have to connect physically (thus, I confused myself that this is a wifi issue - because of my shallow knowledge with technology). 

Can Public Mobile take a look into my account and check why there's no Internet Connection to my phone ? Thank you.

p.s. - I have received quite a few good advices from the community, I am a bit embarrassed because of my shallow knowledge into the problem. But thank you anyway.

What plan do you have? Did you use cell phone to watch stream movie or YouTube (these two will use a lot data)? 

@CaesarWong what plan do you have and how much data per cycle you are supposed to have??

@CaesarWong 

As in your other posts are you able to check self service for an accurate count of how much data is left on your plan?

Edit:

1) Go to publicmobile.ca

2) Choose Sign In top right corner

3) Sign into Account

CaesarWong

Since November 23, 2022, after Public Mobile messaged me I had used 95% of my mobile data, which is proven wrong from my phone record which says I have used 1.05 GB, Public Mobile stopped my Internet Connection. Even as today, after my auto-payment on Dec 2, 2022, I am still deprived from using Internet Connection. I can only used the internet in locations with wifi-connection which I have to connect physically (thus, I confused myself that this is a wifi issue - because of my shallow knowledge with technology). 

Can Public Mobile take a look into my account and check why there's no Internet Connection to my phone ? Thank you.

p.s. - I have received quite a few good advices from the community, I am a bit embarrassed because of my shallow knowledge into the problem. But thank you anyway.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@CaesarWong wrote:

On November 23, 2022, Public Mobile messaged me to say I have used 95% of the data. I checked my phone and it says I have used 1.05 GB of mobile data and my WiFi date usuage for Nov. 5 - Dec 3 is recorded w as 16.83 GB being used. But my WiFi had been stopped by Public Mobile. There's nothing wrong with my phone as I can use my WiFi when I am at home or at locations where I can connect my WiFi. It's only in public places that I am debarred from WiFi usuage. 

Notice of auto-payment to my plan was received on December 2, 2022. Yet, I am still debarred from using  WiFi in public area ( November 23, 2022). Can you check at your end and help to resolve the matter. Thank you. 

PM won't and can't stop your WIFI ! You can connect to public free WIFI such as Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc. , but you have to turn your phone's WIFI. However you can't connect to free WIFI in Costco, because Costco doesn't have public free WIFI even if you turn on your phone's WIFI, but your phone should be connected by using PM data plan unless you use up your data.

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

@Metal1967 

Yes, that's sound advice but what do you do first and in what order?  Or should I just Google it?

You might mean data ...not wifi, eh ?

Log in to your account / Plan and Add-ons...scroll down a bit to see this...You'll see how much data you've used so far this renewal period since last renewal.....

refresh.jpg

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Metal1967  OMG. Funniest post and replies ever. Such good enternatiment. Just like you said @softech eh XD

Metal1967

@CaesarWong  first.. check your WIFI provider.. 

brettster99

@Quigley 😂😂😂 This is such a funny response. Here's a bravo for the effort 🙂

@CaesarWong clear the cash?? loL

which browser you are using?  you can just use Incognito mode.

if Chrome, click the 3 dots on top right, select open Incognito mode or Incognito Tab

@CaesarWong 

To clear the cache for your brower google how to do it. Then to open a new browser window for your browser in incognito or private mode google how to do it

Once your cache is cleared and you are in incognito or private mode log into self service for Public Mobile. When  you are logged in there is a spinner icon that you can click and it will refresh your data so you can see if you have any data remaining.

Again, with the wifi. What wifi?

To use incognito mode, just click on the three little dots in the upper right corner of your browser and choose incognito or private.   Then you can try logging into your account.  Good luck with that and your wifi.

CaesarWong

I am advised by Public Mobile to

"clear the cash and cookies, open it incognito tab, and login again to self-serve to view your data allotment buckets. Been on the self-serve site, tap the little refreshed icons to get an up-to-date version of the page".

Can someone please explain to me how that works ? I am not questioning the advice itself but how to do it is the challenge.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CaesarWong 

Do you have your data limiter enabled? Your only concern with public mobile is your mobile data. Wifi data has no relation to your mobile service.

Metal1967

@CaesarWong  Public wifi means just that.. for all the public..to use.. coincidentally it’s called public mobile.. sorry not public wifi

@CaesarWong wrote:

Are you saying that your Wi-Fi stopped working or that mobile data stopped working?  Public Mobile service is unrelated to anything Wi-Fi.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@CaesarWong 

Sorry but your wifi had nothing to do with Public Mobile..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CaesarWong 

To confirm this, clear the system cache and cookies, open incognito tab, and login again to self-serve to view your data allotment buckets.

While on the self-serve site, tap the little refresher icons to get an up-to-date version of the page.

If you really have consumed all your data, you can either choose to buy a data add-on, renew your plan early, or consider changing to a higher data plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.