cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Koodo Offer

Rambo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Text from 512-9: "Public Mobile here. We have an exclusive limited time offer for you to switch to Koodo on the exact same plan you're on right now. Plus, we'll pay the cost of your rate plan for 1 month and you may qualify for a new $0 phone on the Koodo Tab! Offer valid for ##########(my phone number)only and can ONLY be redeemed at this Koodo location: xxx Koodo St (store near me). Show this message to redeem the offer. Hurry - offer ends February 14th, 2017! Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about our offers and deals. Conditions apply."

I spoke to a Koodo Sales Agent at the specified store and they stated that they're doing this so that PM customers can lock in there plan forever due to PM phasing out.

I just want to know if Public Mobile is actually going out of business? I've never had issues with PM and prefer the PM self-serve rather than moving over to Koodo.
47 REPLIES 47

Optiblue

I just don't think public mobile will be around long enough to reap the benefits of those long term loyalty perks. They'll raise the price as they see fit as they just need 30 days notice. We won this time, but you can bet that next time wontw be as lucky as its prepaid. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Optibluewrote:

I just don't think public mobile will be around long enough to reap the benefits of those long term loyalty perks. They'll raise the price as they see fit as they just need 30 days notice. We won this time, but you can bet that next time wontw be as lucky as its prepaid. 

How much notice do you think Koodo needs to give before they raise their price?

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

@Optibluewrote:

30 days, but you knew the answer. Robot tongue

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

@Optibluewrote:

30 days, but you knew the answer. Robot tongue

@Rockdaddy22perfect sarcasm with a truth element to it. 

jman

Lol...this has been such a **bleep** show. 

First it's strong arming you to switch. 

Then, oh no it's ok. You can stay and only switch if you want too. But we don't know when this will end. 

Then, oh we're gonna let people have an extra gig. 

Then, oh some people get their sim card fee waived. Others are told that's what the $100 is for. 

We get it Public Mobile and Telus. You don't want us on Public Mobile. You give people different offers even though everyone seems to be on the same plan. Get it together. 

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usr this referral link to get the $50 credit when you migrate to koodo from PM!

Remember  : complete step below before opening koodo line!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please do not post referral links, thank you. I edited the post above. 

4star60

Some of us keep signed up for public mobile offers.  I don't call Koodo offers PM offers! Oh well same company I guess, when it comes to marketing!  😞