cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Koodo Offer

Rambo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Text from 512-9: "Public Mobile here. We have an exclusive limited time offer for you to switch to Koodo on the exact same plan you're on right now. Plus, we'll pay the cost of your rate plan for 1 month and you may qualify for a new $0 phone on the Koodo Tab! Offer valid for ##########(my phone number)only and can ONLY be redeemed at this Koodo location: xxx Koodo St (store near me). Show this message to redeem the offer. Hurry - offer ends February 14th, 2017! Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about our offers and deals. Conditions apply."

I spoke to a Koodo Sales Agent at the specified store and they stated that they're doing this so that PM customers can lock in there plan forever due to PM phasing out.

I just want to know if Public Mobile is actually going out of business? I've never had issues with PM and prefer the PM self-serve rather than moving over to Koodo.
47 REPLIES 47

4star60

Some of us keep signed up for public mobile offers.  I don't call Koodo offers PM offers! Oh well same company I guess, when it comes to marketing!  😞

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please do not post referral links, thank you. I edited the post above. 

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usr this referral link to get the $50 credit when you migrate to koodo from PM!

Remember  : complete step below before opening koodo line!

jman

Lol...this has been such a **bleep** show. 

First it's strong arming you to switch. 

Then, oh no it's ok. You can stay and only switch if you want too. But we don't know when this will end. 

Then, oh we're gonna let people have an extra gig. 

Then, oh some people get their sim card fee waived. Others are told that's what the $100 is for. 

We get it Public Mobile and Telus. You don't want us on Public Mobile. You give people different offers even though everyone seems to be on the same plan. Get it together. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

@Optibluewrote:

I just don't think public mobile will be around long enough to reap the benefits of those long term loyalty perks. They'll raise the price as they see fit as they just need 30 days notice. We won this time, but you can bet that next time wontw be as lucky as its prepaid. 

How much notice do you think Koodo needs to give before they raise their price?

30 days, but you knew the answer. Robot tongue

@Rockdaddy22perfect sarcasm with a truth element to it. 

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

@Optibluewrote:

I just don't think public mobile will be around long enough to reap the benefits of those long term loyalty perks. They'll raise the price as they see fit as they just need 30 days notice. We won this time, but you can bet that next time wontw be as lucky as its prepaid. 

30 days, but you knew the answer. Robot tongue

Rockdaddy22

@Optibluewrote:

Optiblue

MTAS

What I don't get is that I have to purchase a SIM for $15, lose all my referral, loyalty and auto-pay discounts to get what I have now ... not sure what i'm missing here.  

911onFire

I agree! I'm on the $40/month plan and currently pay less with rewards tacked on. Did PM send this to all plan holders? I got even my mom on PM but she is talk only, no text plan .

Rockdaddy22

Because they don’t care about us I guess. 

mjarrett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes this is my situation and I don't really understand. I'm not a legacy customer so I never had phone support, and specifically joined PM because I like the bare-bones idea. I don't get why Telus would push me to Koodo after only a bit over a year instead of keeping me a happy PM customer. 

I'm not really complaining, it just seems weird. Pushing me to change my carrier means I'm going to look around for the best deal I can find, and it might not be Koodo. Why not just keep me here?

Rockdaddy22

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

NO_CARRIER

... this seems unethical.  My TXT message is more strong-arming me to change to Koodoo.

I can stay with Public Mobile, but then they're charging an extra $10 per month.  Or switch to Koodo to keep my rate plan, but I lose my credits / savings from referrals and bonus offers.

+++ath0

NO CARRIER

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sandrinep974

Here is the info on the rewards.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards

sandrinep974

Hi ToniCipriani !

I never heard about annual loyalty credits and referrals, where can I find this info in my account ?

I also got the text message. Every time the price goes up they try this. Last year they did the same. 

GibsonSGJ

I just got this text last week, but I am not a legacy customer. I've been with PM for one year this month on a sweet 90-day plan with referrals, forum bonus and now a loyalty discount.

I just don't see any benefit to moving over to koodo, especially with what I'm paying after my discounts now with PM.

ToniCipriani

Just a friendly reminder to those who are considering moving over:

When factoring whether you want to do the move, don't forget to factor in your annual loyalty credits and referrals when working out how much you are paying, as well as your referrals' credits if you happen to pay for those as well. Koodo does not have a loyalty system, and their referrals are one-time tab/ bill credits as opposed to PM that are ongoing.

That's part of your savings as well, and (IMO) ongoing savings are more valuable than one-time credits. At the end of the day it's your job to do the math to work out what fits for you.

Rockdaddy22
Yes, you would lose any funds in your account.

jonhache

When you switched over, did you lose any credit with PM? I suspect not, so if I switched to Koodo, I'd be forfeiting 80 bucks or so, as I just re-upped for 90 days about 3 weeks ago...

czz22

wrong thread

Heavyrocker

Same here.

Rockdaddy22
Wireless home phone is a great option, I wish PM offered that option

Scoop

So Far working well. I couldn't send or receive SMS on PM. Works now that I switched over to Koodo.

Kiosk Agent did confirm their transfer plan does not have call forwarding. It is an extra charge if you want it. Plan Billing is monthly same as we have now. Their home phone plan looks interesting. $5 a month for unlimited Canadian talk for the first year. $20 a month after that. You have to pay $50 for a router, that contains a sim card. Plug whatever phone system u use now into it and works same as normal house phone. I can't do it because we have a package deal for phone internet and TV with bell. .....thumbs up so far.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how this turns out. 

Rockdaddy22
Please let us know if you have any regrets down the road.

Scoop

I gave in and switched to Koodo. Seamless transfer. Nice to speak to a customer service rep at a kiosk. I`ll let you know how it works out

Quest

@Scoop wrote:

Well this is interesting. If I switch to kudo am I on a contract. This nice thing about PM is no contract. The offeer says I may be able to get a phone fo $0. That usually means a contract. I also got a notice that my legacy plan-- $40 unlimited Canadian talk and text and 1 Gig is going up by $3. So much for grandmothered rate plan. I get mixed messages from this offer and honestly don't know what to do. I am an old PM call centre veteran.

In theory there are no contracts any more with any wireless companies. There are tabs or agreements that you're going to pay for the phone either on monthly basis or up-front or combination of both.

In regards to Koodo yes you will have to sign an agreement, since you are on post-paid plan, that you're going to pay for your overages, paid services, premium messages some add-ons and so on but, this agreement lock you into this plan forever it means no $3 unexpected hikes as long as you don't suspend it and pay your regular bill every month.

PM offer prepaid plans, it means you have unwritten 30 day contract with them and when you pay for another 30 days you sign another contract.

Of course Koodo have a call centers but you maybe charged if you can solve your problem through their support on line. Better idea would be going to their kiosks in most shopping centers.

Scoop

PM had about 250,000 customers when Telus bought them. No idea where that stands now.

Scoop

I'm not buying this . I'm staying where I am with PM. if they close the brand I'll look elsewhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.