cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Customer Service Horrible - My experience (Please make a note).

pmuser1990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Moderators haven't replied since July 31, 2018, which show their professionalism. In return, they can't expect professionalism as well. I haven't been able to use my phone number since then. I was on AutoPay for a 90-day plan. My credit card was already saved on the account. I have received the following text messages from 611 (Public Mobile): July 28 - "Public Mobile her. Just a heads up, your payment is due on Jul 31. If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message." July 29 - "Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfuly renewed! Let's keep the conversation going." July 31 - "Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve. If you have recently made a manual payment, please ignore this message." On July 31, when my plan stopped working, I went online and paid the Amount that was due. My credit card is already saved; so didn't have to enter any credit card information. I just selected pay Amount Due. Then it was cleared. It showed Amount Due = $0. Even if I call 611, they say Amount Due is $0. Why did they message that my plan was successfully renewed? I still see Amount Due = $0 on my account website and on the phone by dialing *611. I called the credit card dispute department and they told me to wait till the transaction gets Posted (it is Authorized right now). I just want the refund immediately, so I can use the another cell phone service provider. Not a smart idea to lose customers like this. No services have been rendered for the 90 day prepay plan. This is the experience I am having. I know users like "ShawnC13", "NDesai", "will13am" will always defend Public Mobile. I feel they probably get paid by them to do such thing. Good for them. Of all the Moderators, only "Mary_M" took some initiative to reply or try to help, but at the end of the day, she didn't respond as well.
13 REPLIES 13

theeon91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if I have ever known that public mobile is bad for their neglect in customer service I would have stuck with telus -_- I asked for help since yesturday about an issue accuring about my sim card. my number for my service message was matching my actual phone number. even though it has to be matching the telus network number. so in terms it means that I cannot send text messages. mine is a work phone and my work revolves around texting. I can recieve texts and do calls/recieve. still I cannot send sms. waste of $35 that I would have put into telus effectively along with good customer support. sure these plans are cheaper but not worth it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saverio

We cannot change PM system overnight.  I started the following thread to keep track the moderator response time with the help of subscribers who requested moderator help.  I will update my thread every hour during the moderator working hour.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Live-almost-Moderator-Response-Time/m-p/2...

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Saverio wrote:

They keep saying rest assured and we are doing everything we can to solve the issue and we are short staffed ... Public Mobile you guys are just full of crap you still have advertising and promotions and are quick to grab new customers and their money yet you can't fix our issues and find all kinds of excuses instead of spending money on advertising spend it on a call center where customers don't have to go through mediators you guys are make me and alot of people using public mobile sick to our stomachs and I will do my part on social media to make sure nobody else has to go through this

I probably should leave this alone but the current situation is due to a big problem that happened with people renewing over the weekend and this has caused quite the backlog. It wasn't intentional at all.

A call centre wouldn't have helped - you'd just be waiting on the phone just as long instead of sending a message and going on with your life until they got back to you. Something similar happened with the other carriers late last year with their $60/10GB promos.

I know it's frustrating; there's probably a lot of things that we hope will get done to prevent this happening again but I do think they should be cut some slack, especially the moderators who are probably pulling their hair out by now.

Saverio

They keep saying rest assured and we are doing everything we can to solve the issue and we are short staffed ... Public Mobile you guys are just full of crap you still have advertising and promotions and are quick to grab new customers and their money yet you can't fix our issues and find all kinds of excuses instead of spending money on advertising spend it on a call center where customers don't have to go through mediators you guys are make me and alot of people using public mobile sick to our stomachs and I will do my part on social media to make sure nobody else has to go through this

Saverio

I also have the same problem registered with auto-pay I have 3 lines with public mobile and not one of them is working checked with credit card company and all is good on their end this just sucks never have I experienced such terrible service tried to access my account that doesn't even work I think it's time to switch provider

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you very much 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@_parth23

I am sorry for the long wait, rest assured that we are not ignoring you 🙂 

We will reply shortly. 

Thank you for your patience!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’ve been trying to get a hold of a moderator since yesterday and I still haven’t got any response 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @pmuser1990

I'm very sorry to hear about your payment issue, rest assured that your request from yesterday did not go unnoticed but due to a higher number of private messages we are currently experiencing a delay in responding back. 

I will personally take a look at this for you but I request you not to post any profanity on the community as this is going against our community guidelines. Also, sending multiples messages for the same issue will not prioritize your ticket in the queue as it will send it back down as a new ticket and results that you will have to wait longer which we don't want of course!  

Please wait for my private message. 

Thank you, 

shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@pmuser1990 wrote:
I called CCTS to reverse the credit card transaction. They told me to contact the merchant first. So contact Public Mobile? Haha this must be a joke.

When you put in the complaint, treat your private message as the attempt to reach out and have your problem resolved. 

pmuser1990
I called CCTS to reverse the credit card transaction. They told me to contact the merchant first. So contact Public Mobile? Haha this must be a joke.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pmuser1990, yes I do like the brand but that does not mean I condone everything that they do or don't do.  I do call try to call it fairly like a referee.  If you look through the recent posts you will see that I have been one of the more critical customers calling for Public Mobile to officially provide an announcement concerning their ongoing software problems with details on the impact to the customer base and their remediation plans to minimize further customer inconvenience.  So far the request continues to be met with indifference which I believe is absolutely inhumane.  My suggestion to you and other affected customers is to initiate a CCTS complaint.  This is Public Mobile's knowledge base on this remedy. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

BTW, the moderator team is not to blame for the problem.  They are short handed and can only do so much when there is a bow wave of interactions. 

pmuser1990
I still asked them to find me an immediate working solution so I can start using the plan. However, no response. There is nothing I see from my side except Account: Expired and Amount Due = $0. Public Mobile moderators didn't give a **bleep**..
Need Help? Let's chat.