cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile "No Phone Service"

pb70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone.

Three of us in the same household have public mobile SIM cards in our phones. We have all had great service since getting set up a few years ago. Today, all 3 of our phones got NO SERVICE. There is nothing mentioned on the net whether maintenance was being performed on a nearby tower or anything like that I was just wondering if anyone knew what was happening. We live along the St. Lawrence River in Leeds & Grenville township. Anyone else know of any issues?

Thanks everyone.

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for the recommendation,  @TheGx 

@pb70, hopefully you were not without service too long

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pb70 :Since it was posted on this thread you created that there is indeed a service outage in your area and HALIMACS posted a link you can use to confirm any outages, you should choose his post as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button on his post - doing so well help others in future who are wondering about service outages in their areas too.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is strange that they would schedule planned maintenance in the middle of a work day.

I think public was doing some sort of system maintenance. BC was done in the late night early morning. i was experiencing the same issues you encountered. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi there- Our technical teams have been engaged and investigation is ongoing.

— TELUS Support (@TELUSsupport) April 5, 2021

GameNerdz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

oh. my bad.

@GameNerdz wrote:

It is an outage. Thank you for your help. I forgot public is a reseller of telus for this area lol.

Not a reseller. PM is owned by Telus just like Koodo.

GameNerdz

It is an outage. Thank you for your help. I forgot public is a reseller of telus for this area lol.

@GameNerdz @pb70 

Then it may be a service outage, check here:

https://www.telus.com/en/ns/outages

If you both have no services, and there are no outages reported in the area, you may wish to contact the public mobile moderators by one of 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

GameNerdz

OP isnt the only one having issues through. I am also in the leeds and grenville area and I have no service too! Yes my account is paid for and active, it was working an hour ago and now its hasn't for about a while now.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pb70 

Login to your self serve accounts to see if the status shows as active or otherwise.

If it is suspended, you'll need to make a manual payment to reactivate the account.

You can do that through self serve 

or by dialling * 611

Need Help? Let's chat.