cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile number not transferred out to Freedom Mobile

chuanmueelim73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I activated a new line for Freedom and had the agent request my Public Mobile to be transferred to the Freedom line, received and replied Yes to the confirmation SMS from Public Mobile. 

This was yesterday and the number has yet to be transferred. I also received an email from Public Mobile during the activation indicating that the number is being transferred TO Public Mobile. 

Please help. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chuanmueelim73 

if you put your PM sim in a phone, do you have service?  if there is no service, the number is ported

if PM sim still have service, your number is not ported.  But call Freedom and ask them what happened.  Since they already failing you on Day 1, maybe you should stay here?  LoL

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@chuanmueelim73 

reset the network settings and restart the device 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chuanmueelim73 

It is in Freedom court now so you need to contact them.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chuanmueelim73 , try logging into your Public Mobile self serve account.  If the account is still active then the number transfer was not completed.  If that is the case, you will need to have Freedom Mobile resubmit the port request.  I don't think Public Mobile can do anything to force the number over to Freedom Mobile.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @chuanmueelim73   since you replied YES to PM text, the number should have moved to Freedom

Please call Freedom back and ask them where is the hiccup.  if anything, they will need to re-trigger the request from their end.

So, start with Freedom for troubleshoot

Need Help? Let's chat.