Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile not Accepting My Payment

slavaukriani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting this message:

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

This is not an issue with my credit card, is there any way to solve this? I feel ready to just go to a different company, I've been without a phone for days.

11 REPLIES 11

Did you get activated @slavaukriani  ?

I was going to ask you if your renewal was today and if all your services are working then you can ignore any expired or suspended messages you may be seeing.

But it seems you are changing plans? So when IS your normal renewal date?

Note, that Changing a Plan through mid-cycle there is no prorating the amount already paid within the cycle you are currently in.

If you are still having issues activating (if you have no services) or waiting for CSA to response try adding a $1 topup payment, then see if a reactive/resume presents itself

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

@slavaukriani wrote:

I had $6 in my account for rewards, when I hit Amount Due it did top me up to $10 but I had the $35 plan and I downgraded it to the $25 plan but either way $10 is not sufficient. I have opened a ticket. Thanks for the help!

I believe that this can be solved more quickly than through a CSA.  Sometimes, the amount due is displayed incorrectly. In additional, when performing a plan change, the renewal sometimes fails unless first making a payment sufficent enough to cover the higher plan fee out of the two plans.  Make a manual top up of the difference to pay for a $35 plan. I'm not going to include the rewards because I'm not certain if those were were already added to yoru Public Mobile account balance, so I'm going to recommend toppping up another $25.  Do this from within your Self Serve account where it says Payment Type, use the other amount option.  Anything extra will remain in your Public Mobile account and can be used for the next renewal.

slavaukriani

I had $6 in my account for rewards, when I hit Amount Due it did top me up to $10 but I had the $35 plan and I downgraded it to the $25 plan but either way $10 is not sufficient. I have opened a ticket. Thanks for the help!

@slavaukriani wrote:

I wish I had done that originally! I actually hit "Amount Due" and for some reason it only charged my credit card $4 which didn't solve anything. And now it won't charge my card anything.

What is your plan amount? $10 plan? If that is the case, the plan price has gone up to $13.  

How much you have in Available Fund in your My Account? Try another "Other" transaction for the difference between your Plan price and Available Fund

Again, if fails, open ticket with PM

slavaukriani

I wish I had done that originally! I actually hit "Amount Due" and for some reason it only charged my credit card $4 which didn't solve anything. And now it won't charge my card anything.

@slavaukriani wrote:

1. I tried incognito mode on a different browser and has the same issue.

2. My card is on file.

3. I deleted my card info and re-entered it

5. My account is suspended. What happened was my credit card got frozen because of what the bank thought was a suspicious purchase. I wasn't alerted so my phone was suspended when my Autopay did not work. I resolved the issue with the credit card company but now Public Mobile will not accept my payment with the same credit card I have been using since before the suspension.

@slavaukriani   No worry about the bank thinking it is suspicious.  Problem like this is generally on PM side, the transaction does it even reach your bank/credit card yet

Did you try using the option "Other.. " ?  it usually works better

if it still failed, it could be that you tried too many times and PM flagged a Fraud lock on your account.  No worry, just need to open a ticket with PM and get this sorted out:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

slavaukriani

1. I tried incognito mode on a different browser and has the same issue.

2. My card is on file.

3. I deleted my card info and re-entered it

5. My account is suspended. What happened was my credit card got frozen because of what the bank thought was a suspicious purchase. I wasn't alerted so my phone was suspended when my Autopay did not work. I resolved the issue with the credit card company but now Public Mobile will not accept my payment with the same credit card I have been using since before the suspension.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@slavaukriani   You might want to use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and manually enter the payment amount instead of the "Amount Due".  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @slavaukriani   try to use Incognito mode or another browser to see if it works

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try using different browser or incognito mode?

Is your card on file?

Did you try to change your card?

Is your account active or suspended?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

For now...get payment vouchers at Shell gas stations, Walmart or many other retail locations. Then dial 611 to add them to your account and Reactivate the account.

Then deal with cc issue later.

Need Help? Let's chat.