cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile downgraded by account and removed my data rewards, now I have no data

weswecan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i use to have a 5GB plan and 2GB of rewards.  The other week I got a SMS saying i had used 95%, I went on to the public mobile portal to be shown that I only have 2GB of data and that i had used ~1900MB or so.

I bough an additional 1GB because I was on the road and didn't want issues.  To my surprise the next day i get a SMS saying i've used 100% of my data.

Now when I login to the portal, I can't see my data usage (error) and I don't have any data on my phone, and half the time SMS doesn't work either.

I can't submit a support ticket because i can't verify (gives me an error, even though I'm using the same email and password to login to the portal).

So at the end of the day - I've paid for 8GB, have used maybe 2GB and haven't had data for over a week and can't get a hold of anyone at Public Mobile to help me.

Can anyone here help me?

5 REPLIES 5

@weswecan wrote:

it's not my browser.. the Public Mobile portal is glitchy (or broken) regardless of which browser or device i use to access it and yes, i've tried multiple browsers (safari, chrome) and multiple devices.  

Screenshot of data usage in the portal, clearly this isn't a browser issue: https://share.getcloudapp.com/geuAwXbo

Please don't quit your day job to become a customer service agent for anything tech related.

Ahh, so now comes the personal attacks against people helping out for free…

Check your available balance online, you quite likely didnt complete the purchase of an extra 1GB of data properly. It is PREPAID here thus if you select an add-on and it sends you to add funds you then need to go back to select the add-on after adding the funds. If you have $15 or more sitting in available funds that is that part of the problem.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@weswecan 

at your screenshots you can remove your name and send to Customer Support Agent.

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

and Explain your issue 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

weswecan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it's not my browser.. the Public Mobile portal is glitchy (or broken) regardless of which browser or device i use to access it and yes, i've tried multiple browsers (safari, chrome) and multiple devices.  

Screenshot of data usage in the portal, clearly this isn't a browser issue: https://share.getcloudapp.com/geuAwXbo

Please don't quit your day job to become a customer service agent for anything tech related.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @weswecan  Seems a few things are going on here.

Maybe a service / phone issue?

• Perform a Network Settings on your device.

As for the discrepancy of data usage. When you check out your "View Usage History" does this lead you to where data has been used?

If things still are not making sense, and you need to clarify what data you should show left use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

NOTE: the overview area should be the accurate levels are what is left on your account. It is possible you are receive erroneous text messages. This has been known to happen.

-------------------------

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

@weswecan 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here  

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.