cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile charge but don't have a PM phone number

Slash5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to sign up for a Public Mobile account in May when they had the 5 Gig bonus and free SIM at Walmart. They couldn't successfully sign me up as the PM web site was not responding. Many people reported the same issue at the time.

I just now see I have a Public Mobile charge on my May credit card bill. I don't have a Public Mobile phone number or SIM.

How do I get this cancelled and my money back?

7 REPLIES 7

Have you contacted the Moderator_Team via private message?  That is the only way you’ll get help here.  Most of us are customers.

Slash5

It looks like I have a PM account that I am paying for - just no phone number or SIM. I can't create a login on the PM site without the phone number. And I assume someone else has the SIM that should be attached to my account - not sure how that will be working.

I already decided back in May when they couldn't run their own promotion that I didn't want to deal with a company that appears to be so incompetant - and now this.

Calling the credit card company is not how you fix this.  You attempted to get a sim, and unfortunately, it didn't register the sim. and you didn't seek assistance in getting it working. You fully intended to purchase that SIM.

You'll have to deal with the Moderators on this.

Doing a charge-back can cause you problems if proceed in that fashion, like signing up for other Telus brand offers/promo/etc...

@Slash5 wrote:

Thanks I've PMed with the link you provided.

I can't access the site as I don't have a phone number. 

Wondering now, I assume I have a SIM registered to me and a phone number that was then given to another person. I think you are right, I better call my credit card company.

You give any thought to getting a Public Mobile account ? As you know PM uses the Telus backbone so is a very stable and reliable provider...most of the time.

There are frequent Flash sales/ Pop-up deals and other incentives that you can take advantage of, as well. You also have the opportunity to knock down your cell bill even more with Autopay and Participation Rewards.

There's no phone-in help line but the Community Forum is always ready to help 24/7...with no recorded music !

Give it some thought before you close the door. Good luck wherever you go.

Slash5

Thanks I've PMed with the link you provided.

I can't access the site as I don't have a phone number. 

Wondering now, I assume I have a SIM registered to me and a phone number that was then given to another person. I think you are right, I better call my credit card company.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact the Moderator team at the link below. Please ensure you give them as much detail as possible to speed things up for you.

Thanks.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Slash5You will need to contact the Moderators with this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It would be useful to have a scan of your billing etc so they can look it up. Alternatively you can consider calling your credit card company for a charge back for a service you didn't receive.

Need Help? Let's chat.