cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile bill listed as "KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV" in my credit card statement.

qsxsqsxs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched from Koodo last week (on Thursday the 13th), and I got charged the expected amount by Public Mobile ($28.25) through autopay, but I was expecting it to be labelled as "Public Mobile" and not "Koodo".

Is this Public Mobile paying Koodo for my previous billing month?

Or have I not been charged by Public Mobile at all yet and I will be double charged at the end of the billing cycle?

8 REPLIES 8

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@qsxsqsxs  As Telus owns both Koodo and Public, the plan cost or renewal cost can be charged by one of these company name. 

If you see in the statements that you have been charged more than one time per 30 days by koodo reapprov or public mobile, then you should bring this to support agents to resolve this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qsxsqsxs : You were absolutely justified to worry about it. Nobody should be dismissing this as no problem. Good that you asked. Others have done a chargeback thinking of a fraud only to have their services cancelled. I wish people wouldn't be so flip about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qsxsqsxs 

don't worry about it is normal for the first of activated for sometime is the system payment is showing Koodo but for next payment is will show you from public mobile...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Since both companies are under the same umbrella (Telus) sometimes it happens sister company to appear on your CC statement.

You can check charges on your PM account and as long as they are in order you have nothing to worry about.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It was a close call for me.  I was already calling my credit card centre and listening to the on hold music then i was Googling and found out Koodo and  Telus are both Telus.   If not the stupid on hold music, I would have  ask to reverse the charge

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@qsxsqsxs 

Very happy that posted here rather than disputing the posted transaction. Your payment despite the merchant being listed as KOODO in fact has only paid for your public mobile plan.

@J_PM 

A lucky escape....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@qsxsqsxs   yes DO NOT cancel the transaction.  

There were at least 6 persons who declined the "Koodo" transaction and lost the service shortly after.  It is extremely troublesome to get the service back. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@qsxsqsxs  - This is what is says when you activate with Public Mobile. Please do not panic or cancel the transaction.

Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

Future billing will say Public Mobile.

EDIT: to answer your last statement...you must pay for your services up front with Public Mobile in order for your plan to be active and working for 30 days (plans are 30 days here).

So, that $28.25 was the activation on the $25.00 plan/

If you registered for autopay the $2 from cycle + next cycle $2, will be credited on your next renewal for a total of $4.

Additionally, if you used a referral code when you registered, that $10 will be showing in your Available Funds area with 72 hours, and will be applied as a credit on your next renewal as well.

Welcome!

Need Help? Let's chat.