cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile & 4G

JohnnyCanuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm new (not yet a customer), but I received an ad for Public Mobile and it linked me to the attached image.

Is Public Mobile going to offer 4G again?

Screenshot_20220629-085838.jpg

32 REPLIES 32

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Lol...then I had to fix my typo!

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

There were mock up ads another user posted well over a month ago....there will be no more retailer activations after July 12th. If public mobile is going online only they are going to have to offer something more than the current schlock to attract customers. Well at least you will be able to buy a sim card at Wal-Mart now without be harassed.

@darlicious I had to fix your post

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

There were mock up ads another user posted well over a month ago....there will be no more retailer activations after July 12th. If public mobile is going online only they are going to have to offer something more than the current schlock to attract customers. Well at least you will be able to buy a sim card at Wal-Mart now without being harassed.

@iliketotalk wrote:

@ShawnC13 That would be great please let us all know 

I brought this up to Jade and another PM staffer on the call and both were surprised and will look into this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Telus offers different plans in different provinces/territories, a few prices and details differ.

Public Mobile (a Telus subsidiary on the Telus network) might do the same.

You'd have to connect to the webpage through a local VPN server in each province (and you'd have to clear your cache/cookies each time) to see if there's any difference.

@JL9 wrote:

Definitely wouldn't put it past them.. Maybe you'll also be forced out of the old rewards program if you want 4G or any benefit going forward 

I see another petition coming.. 🤔

Definitely wouldn't put it past them.. Maybe you'll also be forced out of the old rewards program if you want 4G or any benefit going forward 

Yes didn't they have mock up ads on a bunch of new things that are never going to happen (unlimited plans etc) 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@JohnnyCanuck there is an Oracle Connect today with PM staff so I will ask the question there.

I wonder any goodies out of it.

4G, VoLTE, more data.. and price reduction 🤔

LoL

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JohnnyCanuck wrote:

@iliketotalk I don't think I'll be right or wrong, but it is literally something Public Mobile put in one of their ads. I just don't see anything talking about 4G on their page.

That add could be (not saying it is) a test that PM is doing to see if they would get more customers if they offer 4G data vs 3G.. Just one of the possibility.. Many companies do that and based on the results they see if it is worth to do it (cost vs return)

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Lol...maybe all 3G users are getting a 30% rate hike so that the new 4G plans for only a few dollars more will seem so much more attractive!

@darlicious Koodo already charges $5 more for LTE

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Lol...maybe all 3G users are getting a 30% rate hike so that the new 4G plans for only a few dollars more will seem so much more attractive!

HI@darlicious   a $3 hike or $5 increase with LTE speed and more data, yes, I will take the $5 increase and no, I will make complain anywhere. LoL

@darlicious   I hate to say, but nothing would surprise me anymore with PM, alas!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

@darlicious @hTideGnow   Yes, on the 4G link the $70 plan is not available, so maybe that plan will be eliminated when (if?) PM rolls out the 4G plans?   Interesting...

HI @darlicious   Oh I see.

Yes, then the $70 plan is not there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

On the regular page yes on the linked promo "4G" page no.

HI@darlicious   

$70 plan still showing on my end.  Tried different browsers and devices it is there in all of them 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@JohnnyCanuck   That's an interesting link for sure which also has a promo for permanent 2GB bonus data for plans $35+.  

@dabr interesting indeed

My screen shot was from this morning so not sure what is going on

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Seems the $70/20gb plan has disappeared?

Screenshot_20220629-122651.png

@JohnnyCanuck   That's an interesting link for sure which also has a promo for permanent 2GB bonus data for plans $35+.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Maybe they sent out communication too early again?  it happened before

@ShawnC13 That would be great please let us all know 

@JohnnyCanuck Hi I just sent the link to live chat they are just as surprised As I am keep your fingers crossed 🤞 

@JohnnyCanuck there is an Oracle Connect today with PM staff so I will ask the question there.

JohnnyCanuck

@iliketotalk It was a random ad I was served up, but cannot recall where exactly.

@JohnnyCanuck Yes it’s interesting where did you find it?

JohnnyCanuck

@ShawnC13 Agree it makes no sense. A page that references "now offering...", but literally nothing referencing 4G on any of the plans. Odd.

JohnnyCanuck

@iliketotalk I don't think I'll be right or wrong, but it is literally something Public Mobile put in one of their ads. I just don't see anything talking about 4G on their page.

Need Help? Let's chat.