cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Self Serve vs. Koodo Self Serve. Any major differences?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Functionality same or would you know of any major differences? What's better? Reply if you have used the Koodo Self Serve system.

Also, could the Koodo/PM self serve be better than the Fido/Virgin self serves? Reply to this if you've used all self serve systems within last few recent years.

17 REPLIES 17

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I have used Lucky's counterpart to Self-Serve. No major differences in functionality, though Lucky vs Public plans/add-ons/bundles are organized somewhat differently.

I've never subscribed to Koodo. Visiting the Koodo and Telus websites I can see that they're essentially the same things - consumer interfaces to the same Telus dinosaur accounting machinery - and that their websites each run the same stupid Telus "AI" chatbot under a different alias.

Telus has always had good hardware and garbage software. Sometimes even the best hardware and garbage software. It's no surprise to me that Telus and Telus-subsidiary websites are so clunky - including the all-important customer interface (ex: Self-Serve).

What prompts this question about comparing differences?

JanP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great advice. Thanks.  It worked!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JanP wrote:

My phone isn't ringing and people trying to call me get a message that it isn't working. I can call out and get messages.  Hmmm. Does anyone know what's going on?  I live on the west coast of BC.

@JanP  - ensure Do Not Disturb is not turned on.

Then, try toggling into airplane mode than back again. Even a reboot of the phone may fix some network issues.

If still issues after that try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if that improves your services.

JanP

That's re telus/bell or rogers.  Koodo is more expensive than Public. I would not switch. Public Mobility has great service and I've never had a problem with it.  I doubt Koodo provides the discounts I get from Public but I've not checked it out.

JanP

biggest difference IMHO is the network. Bell/Telus is far better than Rogers. Or are they all one now? 

JanP

My phone isn't ringing and people trying to call me get a message that it isn't working. I can call out and get messages.  Hmmm. Does anyone know what's going on?  I live on the west coast of BC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 

experience with them all company has good things and bad things what you pay for it you will get.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman wrote:

Functionality same or would you know of any major differences? What's better? Reply if you have used the Koodo Self Serve system.

Also, could the Koodo/PM self serve be better than the Fido/Virgin self serves? Reply to this if you've used all self serve systems within last few recent years.

@allagelman our family has had both Koodo and Fido plans with their online self self/services.

What I do miss with Public Mobile (that both Koodo and Fido had) is the ability to save monthly statements/bills documents for records.

And, I also miss the ability to see total data and minutes used in these monthly statements.

But, I have learned to live without, and happy so far. 🙂

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@allagelman 

each company has a different system and different option.

Have you any experience using any of the other cell providers...as requested by OP.

Just wanted to make sure you understood the question. Sounded like OP was asking for a little more info. If you've used them, I'm sure he'd be happy to hear of your experience with 'em.

@allagelman wrote:

@HALIMACS  Very true I know biased replies are very common. I still ask because its good to learn about what others think. 🙂

It's a very good question @allagelman 

Only those who have used the latest version of the various provider's self-serve options would be well-positioned to reply.  It would be interesting if a Community contributor may have various services will all the Big 3 flanker brands to share their experience. (PM, Lucky & Chatr)

I've used PM and Koodo post-paid self-serve.   I can say Koodo's is simpler looking while Public Mobile's is less intuitive.  Saying that, I'm much more accustomed to using PM's.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@allagelman  I have both. Can't comment on Koodo prepaid as my account is post paid. Maybe Koodo prepaid has a different self serve. Koodo post paid is rather easy to use. I can download old bills from over a year ago, view tab balances, check account notifications for any personalized offers, view history, data, change sim, report a lost/stolen phone, change plans, options to turn on or off easy roam and other types of add-ons, options to how I want to be notified for certain things (example monthly bill do I want a text, email, both or not) things like that. Pretty straight forward newer look and different menues than PM site but years ago Koodo and PM site were pretty much identical. Don't really have to use self serve with Koodo as they have Live Chat and call support. 

And you can have multiple numbers on one account.

darkomega

I honestly never used koodo's self serve, I was only briefly on them back in 2010

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 

Rogers, fido, freedom, bell, virgin plans, public mobile,
i did used them each company has a different.

What the points are you looking for!

@Anonymous wrote:

@allagelman 

Have you any experience using any of the other cell providers...as requested by OP.

allagelman

@HALIMACS  Very true I know biased replies are very common. I still ask because its good to learn about what others think. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman 

I think the answers you get here will be very subjective.

It's really just colours and bells and whistles that distinguish TELUS from its flanker brands.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allagelman 

Need Help? Let's chat.