cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile - Out of Business?

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there any truth to this...

Not sure if people are just trying to get us to switch to their plan but I have heard several times that Public Mobile is going out of business and not to put anymore money into the account.

@Eliza5 

10 REPLIES 10

umnikke8

Even if Telus does close Public Mobile the money isn't going to disappear. They would probably transfer it over to Koodo or Telus main along with your service. But as always it's a good idea to keep the balance to a minimum unless there is a good reason not to.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eliza5   If we put all the post about PM is going to be out of business soon in a single post, I think it would be a long one , at least 50 pages.

From what we know, at least for now, this is a #fakenews

On the other hand, those telling you that Public Mobile never ever give up of Business is also a #fakenews.  🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 

Don’t know where you heard that Telus…PM is going out of business?

It is like saying the big 3 are also going out of business.

Fake news.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If public was going out of business, it would be interesting what they would do with anyone with a balance in their available funds.

Um, I think they would be obligated to pay it out, in my opinion.

But, @Eliza5 I feel you are safe for the near future anyhow.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

sky.jpg

@Timer- You don't know that it's not right. "Never ever" is a very long time. You can't possibly assert that either.

@Eliza5 

4G Speed Up to 30x faster speed all Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 

where you get those info is not right at all.
Public Mobile never ever give up of Business.

Eliza5

@dust2dust 

Required more data and didn't have enough reward points.

I see that Public Mobile has new plan offerings.

@Eliza5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Why are you putting money into the account? Just pay what you need for renewal. It's a 30 day contract. If they were to close the doors then you'd be out that last payment.

But these are just rumours. No one but insiders would know the future plans. Some of us cynical ones here might think some evidence seems to suggest that Telus really doesn't care at all about this place but no one knows.

Need Help? Let's chat.