cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prorated Refund/Credit for Koodo Promotion

eailagan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently decided to switch over to Koodo from my 90 days for $120/12GB plan at PM after receiving the offer for a $50/mo for 5GB and unlimited nationwide calling/text.

The customer service rep at the Koodo store assured me that my payment cycle at PM would get prorated for the months I didn't use since my 90-day cycle had just renewed in the middle of August, but I want to follow up and make sure that's the case.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have dealt enough with salesperson that I installed call recorder app to keep track of their BS.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The Koodo rep at Markville mall that handled my switch from PM to Koodo was honest, professional and efficient. She told me that any PM account credit balance would be transferred but not credit for unused prepaid service, and this was before PM moderator posted on the subject.

Really?  Bashing used car sales people.  I see the spy cam investigations on TV, but there's a whole bunch more that aren't like that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Isn't is haveing a small set of knowledgable and  wonderful set of moderators, rather than an unknown sales person.

@eailagan I would try to call koodo ( I just spent 45 mins on hold to cancel my account)   and tell them what happend and see if they can track down your salse person or if they will honour what they said.  its a long shot, but might be worth a try.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These Koodo sales people are as trustworthy as used car sales people. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster great link.

TL;DR:  if you have any amount showing as "Available Funds" in your self-serve account, that amount will be transferred to your Koodo account; however, you will receive no refund or transfer of any unused amount of your current cycle costs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

This is PM employee and moderator Marie-Helene's official response re refunds when switching to Koodo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Received-an-text-msg-from-pm-for-koodo-5g...

@eailagan, I agree I think the salesperson didn't A) know what they were really talking about and B) said what you wanted to hear.  She is correct you aren't penalized with a contract cancellation fee you just lose out on your unused portion.  See if it is a month to month plan from say Telus or Rogers, your final bill would only charge you for what days you had service with them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I didn't think PM was giving refunds. Maybe Koodo is giving credits to PM customers?

eailagan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Koodo did not say it would get applied to my new account but that PM would deal with it on their end. She mentioned that because they are both Telus-owned companies, that I wouldn't be penalized to switch to Koodo.

I have a feeling like the sales person didn't know the ins and outs of the transfer on PM's end, unfortunately. Had I known that I wouldn't get a prorated credit or refund on the portion of my PM plan that I didn't use, I wouldn't have switched over.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@eailagan, did Koodo say it would get applied to your new account?  I haven't heard of PM pro-rating and giving refunds.  Basically when you renew you are paying for 90 days and PM is agreeing to provide service for those 90 days.  If you choose to leave before then you would lose the unused portion.  Unless Koodo and PM have arranged to give refunds/ or credits on your new plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.