cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo issue Can I downgrade the phone plan while still receiving promotion data?

leon50122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As stated in the title, I applied the public phone plan 2wk ago, my current plan is $40 which includes 5GB+2GB promotion (2GB bonus for 12 months). My question is can I downgrade the phone plan while still receiving promotion data (2GB) for the remaining period? Thanks for help!

16 REPLIES 16

@Plan wrote:

Are you sure about that?    I have upgraded my plan and did not lose any bonus  data or minutes.

@Plan   Pretty sure.  

and we are talking about the 2GB Bonus for 12 months.  Jade also confirmed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-I-change-plans-but-keep-my-2GBBONUS/m...

what you are talking about that you didn't loss was the Christmas data/voice bonus.  but OP was talking about the 2GB bonus for 12 months from the activation promotion

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you sure about that?    I have upgraded my plan and did not lose any bonus  data or minutes.

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To avoid confusion and regrets -- would suggest that you post your question to a PM customer support agent.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I thought they will still apply as long as the conditions are meant, so the unlimited one was 35+ plans and one of the recent 6 months promos were as well.. so if you went from 50 to 35 you would still have the data.but if you went down to a 25 then you would lose it....

A few months ago there was one for 6 months on 25+, so that would be ok..

Unless there is some fineprint I didn't read 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The way I interpret it....it applies to the promo code 2GBBONUS promotion only.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Promotional-Data/m-p/827563/highlight/tru...

I referred Melinda post the other day and you said that only apply for that specific promotion, I thought you meant just that "FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Boxing week starts now!" on Dec 10

So, it applies to all 2GB Reoccurring bonus offer?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

My mistake.....Melinda guaranteed it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious   it's honestly very confusing in this topic

Jade also said that 

2GB Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/2GB-Bonus-Data-Promo/m-p/693703/highlight...

do you still have the link where Jade said ok to change plan?  I have one from Melinda only

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

The unlimited expiry date is the only one I know of that J_PM confirmed could change rate plans. Unless they changed the coding for all bonus recurring monthly plan data promos then I would not take the chance. Bonus data add ones....I have kept all of mine as have my referrals.

Suspending via lost/stolen has no effect on promos....they remain on the account. Promos with expiry dates ie 1/6 months....pause as well.

@hTideGnow- I highly suspect any promo will work changing up and down >= $35. It makes zero sense otherwise.

@darlicious wrote:
  •  
  • Bonus recurring monthly plan data promos are lost 99% of the time since December 4th 2019. The one exception recently is the 2GBBONUS promo code that J_PM confirmed that the rate plan may be changed as long as the customer stays above the $35+plan threshold.

HI @darlicious  2GBBonus keep repeating last year, which particular one is the one that can be kept if stay above $35+?  Or any of those 2GBBonus from last year?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@leon50122 

No unfortunately you cannot the terms and conditions for your promotion state:

2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $25, $35, $40, $50, 60 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

When it comes to promotional data bonuses the rule of thumb is as follows:

• Bonus data add on promos stay on the account 99% of the time. Regardless of an upgrade or downgrade in plan despite terms and conditions stating they will be lost. As always YMMV.
  • Bonus recurring monthly plan data promos are lost 99% of the time since December 4th 2019. The one exception recently is the 2GBBONUS promo code that J_PM confirmed that the rate plan may be changed as long as the customer stays above the $35+plan threshold.

@Meow 

CSA's read from the standard policy handbook that always states promotions will be lost if the rate plan is changed. Contradictions to the promo terms and conditions are always YMMV.

Do ya feel lucky?!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Promotions are usually tied up with particular Plan. In some cases if it says 'promo for any $xx+ Plan' you might be able to upgrade and keep promo but in any case I would ask official clarification and approval from the agent.

leon50122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@RossN @softechI think I will keep the current plan. Thank you for the help!! 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@leon50122 hello no sorry you will lose the extra data if you do 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@leon50122  Generally speaking NO.  

Promotions you got had a clause saying you cannot change the plan or you will loss your bonus data.

Need Help? Let's chat.