cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Code 20OFFMONTHLY got applied to reduce plan price to 35$ but payment still showing as 55$

Mukulv1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on a plan of 15$
I saw an offer on the PM's site about 55$ plan available for 35$ with a promo code.

I checked with the sales rep as well (details below for reference)
"[14:23] Carlos Guillermo
All you need to do is to log in to your self serve account, click on Plans and Add ons, select the $55 plan then enter the promo code during the plan change process. (Promo code 20OFFMONTHLY)"

I selected this plan and upon entering the promo code it showed me that my bill will be 35$
So i agreed and accepted this plan to be applied upon my plan renewal date.
(Screenshot below)

Mukulv1_0-1669675585448.png

Now when I am checking in my payments section It is showing that my amount due is 55$
(Screenshot below)

Mukulv1_1-1669675585450.png

Could someone kindly help me with this issue please.
Also if i activate it today instead upon plan renewal, will I be paying 35$ or 55$ ?

Greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Mukulv1

That's the thing, no one knows it for sure, if it really works on renewal.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Change-plan-to-35-20GB/m-p/910747/highlig...

@Arachide   Yes, it's been very confusing and I don't think that even CSA's really know, but I'm just going by the community manager's post.  However, happy to hear you got the plan and discount.

Arachide

@dabr  I tried to change it at renewal time. I managed to deal with a cs_agent and it doesn't work with next renewal. only if I applied it right away. That's what the CS Agent said anyways. Took a while of sorting things out.

@dust2dust    I'm not sure it's as ambiguous as you because J_PM responded to a thread discussing existing customers being able to get this offer plus her words implies, to me at least, when she says "regardless of renewal or change the discount should be factored into new breakdown" that the discount should apply if scheduled for existing customers too (edit).

@dabr- My interpretation is that it's ambiguous and uncertain and unclear. Activation gets the reduced price at start up. Change immediately also. Change at renewal does not seem to be immediate so far as I think I've read here ie. full price up front. In both cases of existing customers, the wait is on to see if they get the $20 credit for 15 months. That will be interesting to see.

@Mukulv1    My interpretation of this post by J_PM is that the code should apply to get the discounted price even for scheduled plan changes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Change-plan-to-35-20GB/m-p/912134#M624747

@Arachide    You can schedule the change at renewal based on what community manager J_PM has posted in the above link, unless you've opted to make an immediate plan change already.  Couple of reasons why it's preferred to Change at Next Renewal is that PM doesn't prorate/refund for unused days left in the current cycle and that rewards (autopay, loyalty etc. if on old rewards) don't get applied either but will be available for the following renewal.

BTW, this plan was still available when I checked a couple of hours ago and the 20OFFMONTHLY code also worked.

Arachide

If you activate the plan immediately, would you have lost your previous prepaid? 

My plan just renewed and I wasn't able to catch it in time. I could have been paying attention.

I added it to be renewed and it looks like the promotion disappeared.

Contacted cs_agent to see if there's any way to resolve it.

Mukulv1

Posting for everyone's benefit

Activate the plan right away mate. You will get the plan at discounted amount.
I just did that and it worked well (Thanks to the wonderful community members who shared their insights).
(refer screenshot below)

Mukulv1_0-1669678081736.png

And in the upcoming cycle your rewards will be applicable.
(refer screenshot below)

Mukulv1_1-1669678081780.png

Hope it helps.
God bless!

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Mukulv1   That's great to hear!  Thanks for the confirmation 😊.  

Another happy customer!

Mukulv1

Thank you everyone for your response.
I clicked for apply right away and it worked.

Thank you so much everyone, for your support.
Greatly appreciated.

@Mukulv1   I believe it's been confirmed that it's for both existing and new customers.   But you definitely have to buy or switch to it today, for you to get it for sure.  Trying to schedule for your next renewal date would not work.

HI@Mukulv1 

The earlier announcement was that this code is for new activation only and not for exiting customers  But either a glitch or PM is finally letting existing customers take advantage of it.  People tested it and seems like only Change Plan now will work

No official answer whether existing customers should use this code or  not

if you want to be safe, get the $40 for 15GB or $45 for 20GB.  Good thing is that, those 2 plans price will stay , not just 15 months only

Mukulv1

Got it.
Thanks @walker1 

Just one last question.
Is this below offer applicable for existing customer also, or is it for new customers ?

Mukulv1_0-1669676100967.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mukulv1  

some people mentioned that before, look like it will only work if you click "Change Plan now'.  With Change on next renewal, this deal might not work.  Not sure if it is because this is a Cyber Monday deal only

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Mukulv1   For you to get it you'll have to get it Today not on your renewal date.

If you get it today you'll pay $35 plus taxes, right vaway.

Need Help? Let's chat.