cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo 15 GB for $40 - what happens to my rewards i.e. my monthly $7 discount

vandenhooff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like others I received a text about the latest promo: 15 GB for $40. I know how obtain the plan, and, how to make sure it starts on my next billing cycle.

I have two questions:

I've been with PM a number of years, and a few friends used my code when they signed. So with every billing cycle I now receive a total of $7 off. 

1. Will I continue to receive my $7 rewards discount if I change my account to 15 GB for $40?

I received a 2GB (kiosk promo) for signing in 2019. It's on going and renews each cycle. To be clear this was not like one of PM's Christmas promos where once you use it, it's gone. This was a promo running on the day I signed to attract new customers.

2. What happens my 2GB kiosk promo if I change my account to 15 GB for $40?    

Thanks in advance

d

53 REPLIES 53

Hacksaw1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Pondball & darlicious

I picked up my PM sim from a Telus Store... Cheers

[Since having to switch from my favourite retailer to pm for Sim card purchases every order from pm so far has arrived in 5 business days via Canada Post. (Calgary to Vancouver) ]

mixim10

Hello,

I received this from one of the customer service agents:

• I can see your plan will be changed on the next renewal automatically.
• The promotions that you have are not attached to your plan, which means, you won’t lose the promotions that you have available.

Hope this helps,

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

2 at time but if one of my referrals manage to refer a friend and need a Sim card ASAP I get them to pay for the replacement card either by ordering online or buying it from a telus/koodo store. I have one referral who doesn't have the means to order online but has managed to get referrals on 3/4 of the last 4 bonus referral credit promotions. Between the wicked deal I got him and activated thru CCS on December 30th last year and the bonus referral credits (he also uses at least one $5/500min add on a month) he has yet to have had to add funds to his account. He's only had to pay me off in installments the original $84 I paid at activation. He has at least 3 more "free" renewals left.

@darlicious how many cards you order.. you keep bring new business here..LoL

my experience earlier was 1.5 week 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pondball 

Since having to switch from my favourite retailer to pm for Sim card purchases every order from pm so far has arrived in 5 business days via Canada Post. (Calgary to Vancouver)

Dragonking187

Message someone in simbot. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. I had the same issue and they reimburse me 15 dollars to my account 

Pondball
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nope, didn’t get that feeling at all - been very helpful actually! 
sometimes when a thread gets long members forget who the OP was.

I hadn’t but was just apologizing for possibly getting it away from your intended question. I was thinking your original question already had elements of what I was going to ask, and rather than people jumping from thread to thread, I figured maybe someone ( 😂 like me) might benefit from getting all (or at least most of) their eggs in one basket

all is good! 👍🏻 

Pondball

Thanks Darlicious. Will keep that in mind.

apparently the SIM cards are a bit scarce here. I finally found one on Amazon but it won’t be delivered for a few days - so hopefully the deal won’t be off by then.

There certainly wasn’t much advance notice for this special, was there? I just got a text about it yesterday morning - so, a one day special? Is this common.

in any case I’ve sent the sim to my son and let him know if this deal is off there will be others so just hang onto the sim for now.

I was actually thinking of flipping my old iPhone over to PM (currently on bell to hold my number) but with the scarcity of sim cards I suspect I won’t be in time for the special on that one either. Amazon had only one card available!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pondball 

Well that makes it hard to get you a Sim card ASAP but being more specific about your location might get you one from a community member in Ontario. Worse case scenario if the $40/15gb plan disappears tonight I could still help out but you would need to private message me if that's the case.

Pondball

Ontario

vandenhooff

check out this thread @Pondball 

Look for a reply from J_PM, supposedly works for PM.

Here's what J_PM wrote in a reply to a customer with the same question:

"She will remain on loyalty points. Plan changes do not automatically migrate accounts to Public Points."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Public-Mobile-Plans-The-less-we-spe...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pondball 

The bonus referral credit ends today so might this promotion. Where are you located?

hmm...well that indeed doesn't sound promising. Did you use private mode? Click on all the little spinner refresh icons you can find? Did you go back in to change plans? It would show in that screen.

Pondball

That was weird. I did a refresh, then had to log back in again, did the change plan routine and this time it comes up with the new plan starting by the end of the week - we’ll see I guess! 🤞🏻  

vandenhooff

sorry didn't mean to come across as snarky. Unfortunately the text I received didn't include the date on which the promo was going to end.

vandenhooff

was also told (here) my rewards choice was attached to my account, not my plan. Makes sense.

Pondball

Yup… didn’t mean to threadjack, but it seemed relevant.

also noticed the answer after going back through the thread a few times, but it’s odd the details don’t say anywhere what happens to what!

my son is interested and we’re hoping the offer stands for a couple of days so he can order in a SIM card for his phone and then make the transfer of his old phone number to PM

i just did the change plan on renewal date and now my iPad is stuck on a “just want to make sure it’s you” page. And doesn’t seem to be moving anywhere. Is this normal?

vandenhooff

I'm the OP of this thread, and that was one of the two questions I asked; was told I will keep my rewards discount so I'm confident I'll retain it.

Pondball

That doesn’t sound promising! Hope it’s a temporary glitch

also… the plan details say 3x points back but I don’t my plan to change to the points system - how do we confirm we want to stay on our current, old rewards plan?

vandenhooff

hmm... I went back to My Account (on our PC) the message regarding the upcoming change is no longer there.

vandenhooff

It doesn’t show on my iPhone. I was logged in on our PC when I found it. It showed my current account summary, and below it it showed I was moving to $40 for 15GB plan on my next cycle. 

@Pondball 

Login to My Account, 

Go back to Plan page, and click Change My plan. You should see a message there telling you the plan changed is scheduled (as long as you clicked Change on renewal date and NOT Change plan now)

Pondball

Where did you find that in your account?

I did the YES thing from the text a couple of hours ago, and it said all was good, but, when I went to my account I couldn’t find anything that said there was an upcoming change.

the initial text replied that it would take effect some at next December billing but it also said I could make the switch to start in November from within my account.

so, I saw the change plan option and clicked on it to see what was available and while the $40/15Gb plan was there the info says it will switch to the points plan, but I don’t want the new plan… or does it just stay with our old rewards if we are just upgrading to the new plan?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog 

Sometimes repetition wins the day. Nice to see you back again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Yes spite the same reason I keep mine and 4G LTE data. I'm not done yet either to seek redress just busy with other pursuits. No points strategy to liquidate one's balance via points.

@walker1- Yes I also carry a balance and that would be nice if they allowed using ones balance for sims and phones. I think darlicious once mentioned a strategy for liquidating ones balance via points. I'm not going to get a plan I'm not going to use just to blow through the balance.

I'm waiting for them to close the doors and transfer the plan and balance over to Koodo. 🙂

@dust2dust   I thought so, for all the reasons that you mentioned. I also wasn't going to get it for those same reasons.  But hell, I thought I'd better start using my  bank of available funds, if PM doesn't allow us to use it towards a new phone? 

@walker1- I followed this thread too so yes I saw the answer from the OP.

No. I'm a very low phone usage customer. I have many gigs of data and many hours of minutes on hand. Texting is admittedly the shortcoming. But I have two accounts in a now finally back to working dual sim phone and MMS and TextNow to cover things. I'm also sticking to the stupid plan just out of spite and principle.

@dust2dust 

I know you asked the same in another thread , but didn't know if you got a defining answer so I thought to let you know the answer too.

Nice 🙂 guy that I am.

@dust2dust  Are you going for that plan or are you still married to that old $10 ... sorry now $13 plan of your's?

@walker1- The one account that got the text had a YES button underneath. And, um, of course, that was a nice update from the OP to now know that the yes reply put in the scheduled plan change. I wasn't asking about that. You did. I had asked the same in another thread.

Need Help? Let's chat.