cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo 15 GB for $40 - what happens to my rewards i.e. my monthly $7 discount

vandenhooff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like others I received a text about the latest promo: 15 GB for $40. I know how obtain the plan, and, how to make sure it starts on my next billing cycle.

I have two questions:

I've been with PM a number of years, and a few friends used my code when they signed. So with every billing cycle I now receive a total of $7 off. 

1. Will I continue to receive my $7 rewards discount if I change my account to 15 GB for $40?

I received a 2GB (kiosk promo) for signing in 2019. It's on going and renews each cycle. To be clear this was not like one of PM's Christmas promos where once you use it, it's gone. This was a promo running on the day I signed to attract new customers.

2. What happens my 2GB kiosk promo if I change my account to 15 GB for $40?    

Thanks in advance

d

53 REPLIES 53

vandenhooff

there was no Yes button. 

I replied by typing YES

Don't know about the extra yes button but the scheduled plan changes did show up in their account. Which is good to know.  No?

Did you get the extra little YES button under the text? If so did you tap it? If not, did you reply with a yes or a YES?

Very clever method they've come up with on this. But yes the concern here might be for kids phones getting that text and the kid replying yes and bam next renewal they're paying 40 bucks for a plan with a pile of data and dad (or mum of course) says "say what now!?" after that renewal.

vandenhooff

just above where you read about $40 for 5GB there's two boxes: one (on the left) says 3G plans and the other (on the right) says says 4G plans. Make sure you've clicked 4G. Then use the up/down arrows to scroll through the various 4G plans 

@Pondball 

The offer should be available to him during his activation. Just make sure he chooses the right $40 plan, cus there's two of them.   Make sure he's looking at the 4G speed plans too.

Pondball
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s how I read it too, but when I went to plans (assuming it was my son logging in for the first time) the $40 plan says it’s for 5 Gb and the extra Gb are only for 12 months. I couldn’t see where it had $40 for 15Gb anywhere. 
However, in the text I got  it suggests the same plan as I just bumped up to 15Gb for $40 will be made available - on activation. So I assume this is how it works?

vandenhooff

My wife is also a PM customer but she didn't get the text that I did regarding the promo. I logged in to her account and switched her to the same $40 for 15GB. No promo code was necessary. Before your son switches I'd suggest you give him your friend code (found when you're logged into your account) so you'll receive an award (could be points or $ depending on the reward plan you're on).   

@Pondball 

Yes they will, that's why PM told you in the text offer to tell all your friends about the offer.

Pondball

Next question on this plan.

My son has a plan with another provider but I told him about Public Mobile and he’s interested.

The text I got today said this same plan was available for friends as well. I know they would then be on the new points system and that is a bit confusing but would they still get the 15Gb for $40 plan if they are new to PM?

@vandenhooff 

That's awesome to hear!

Thanks for that usefull information .

vandenhooff

I reset my cellular data on each billing cycle, and since singing with PM I've never gone over 2 GB. That said, the 2GB kiosk promo was a "nice to have" but clearly I didn't need it. Heck... what I am going to do now that I have 15GB! 

Once the change occurs, and if I remember, I'll swing back here to confirm what happened to the 2GB kiosk promo.

Pondball

Thanks for the quick answer computergeek541

sounds like a no-brainer to switch then!

@Pondball wrote:

A late question on this plan.

How long does this 15Gb last. The original plan looks like it’s for 5Gb only.

Is the bump to 15Gb for 12 month only?

The new $40 plan with 15GB of data doesn't include a bonus. The 15GB data amount is permanent.

Pondball

A late question on this plan.

How long does this 15Gb last. The original plan looks like it’s for 5Gb only.

Is the bump to 15Gb for 12 month only?

vandenhooff

yes, I logged into my account and it showed my plan will be changed on the next billing cycle (i.e. early November).

@treefrog 

Unless the promo was specifically limited to a certain plan level upon activation, I'd be surprised if they lose it. (especially if they're not going down in plan amount)

However, as you say, YMMV.

@vandenhooff 

You made a very wise choice!

You should go into your account and see if you can see the scheduled plan changes in there.   I'm very curious to know about that. Thanks and enjoy your new plan.

I'm really enjoying my new plan and all that 15GB of data along with that 4G speed!

vandenhooff

yes losing the 2GB kiosk promo won't matter; just wanted to clarify what I had.

thanks again walker1

vandenhooff

ok I just switched; answered YES to PM's text. They replied saying it'll be activated on my next billing cycle. 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@vandenhooff 

Sorry you'll probably lose that 2GB recurring data kiosk promo you have now, if you switch to any different plan than what you have now. But you'll keep all your other rewards since they are attached to your account and not the plan you have.

But, what's it really matter you'll be getting 15GB for a really good price. You probably won't miss the other 2GB anyways.

In this case, it doesn't pay to be greedy!

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS 

Usually you lose plan data bonuses and keep add on bonuses. YMMV of course 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@vandenhooff 

Good news.

Making a plan change with what you've described will have no impact to what you have.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@vandenhooff 

That will make the plan $33/15GB. A great deal! Everything stays the same.

Edit:

Sorry missed the second part. You will lose the recurring 2GB of plan data.

Need Help? Let's chat.