cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary and secondary Public Mobile phone number

Kuehnbaum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 PM phone numbers under the same account.

One is designated as the primary and the second as secondary.

I want to change the designations - i.e., swap primary with secondary.

I submitted a ticket and the response was not understandable.  

Could I get another explanation of how to do this?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Kuehnbaum

Made a post on this topic 30 minutes ago.

Got lots of responses that solved my problem.

Thanks to all.

Kuehnbaum

good info - solution found

or the altemate number you see it it's for emergency contact,

there is actually no emergency for PM to call.  More just for PM's record keeping

@Kuehnbaum wrote:

Perhaps I used the wrong terms.  In My Account profile the 2 phone numbers show up as "Current" and "Alternate" not as primary and secondary.

Sorry, but what you're requesting can't be done. It is possible to do a number port of the alternate number into your Public Mobile acccount, but only if that phone number is from a different carrier.  However, the moment that you do that, the number that was already in your Public Mobile account will be lost.

@Kuehnbaum hi the alternate number you see in your profile is only a number for contact purposes only, if you have two public accounts they must be separate with separate emails or they will get messed up (seems like they have) you must get a customer service agent to separate them for you 

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them  here       

Kuehnbaum

Perhaps I used the wrong terms.  In My Account profile the 2 phone numbers show up as "Current" and "Alternate" not as primary and secondary.

Kuehnbaum

Kuehnbaum

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This service does not allow multiple numbers on one account. Did you activate in a store? After that, policy says you can't change numbers between accounts.

@Kuehnbaum wrote:

I have 2 PM phone numbers under the same account.

One is designated as the primary and the second as secondary.

I want to change the designations - i.e., swap primary with secondary.

I submitted a ticket and the response was not understandable.  

Could I get another explanation of how to do this?

Thank you

There are no primary and secondary phone numbers as there can't be more than one phone number on the same account.  Is it possible that Public Mobile is being confused with a simililarly named competitor?

Need Help? Let's chat.