cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferential Use of Plan Minutes/Data Versus Add On Minutes/Data

DevilPistons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will I use my plan minutes/data or add on minutes/data first after the add on rolls over into my next billing period? I think it's the add on plan, but I want to be sure.

For example:

On June 1, I purchased the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes and the $5 add on for 500 Canadian minutes that roll over.

By the end of June 30, I had used all 100 of my plan minutes and 75 of my add on minutes.

For the billing period starting July 1, if I'm calling a number in Canada, will I start using my 100 plan minutes or my remaining 425 add on minutes first?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

@DevilPistons 

Yes you are and I don't have to explain all the weird times in your daily usage pages like all the non eastern time zones get....just that your data updates in two 12 hour blocks daily. So your overview data counter or usage page counters are the most accurate .

DevilPistons

Thank you

DevilPistons

Gotcha, thanks

DevilPistons

Thank you for the information. If that up-to-3-hour offset bit is true, then I'm happy I'm in Eastern.

@Anonymous 

Lol...those eastern time zone customers have it so easy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : hmm I haven't thought to watch for that at renewal. I've watched and experienced it seamlessly flip over to the add-on. But I don't think I've watched it go from the add-on to plan at midnight ET. 

I'll have a look see next time.

@DevilPistons 

Plan minutes will always be used first but be careful to note when your minute counter resets. Pm works on the eastern time zone. So the night your renewal occurs your plan's minute and data counters reset at midnight eastern. Or 1am in Halifax or 9pm in Vancouver. So if you are not located in the eastern time zone your data tracker in your phone will also be off by up to 3 hours.

Just be mindful of this so you either don't use add on minutes when you could be using plan minutes at the beginning of your cycle or if you think you are just using up plan minutes on your 30th day and you are instead using add on minutes or new plan minutes.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DevilPistons 

The add-on will always stay there as your "spare tire".

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DevilPistons 

Plan minutes and data are always used up first in every cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.